CDK SOR question

CDK SOR question

Postby GMpartsLux » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:15 pm

Hi guys,
Our dealership recently switched from Autosoft to CDK. Talk about completely different systems. Its been three weeks now and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it.
I'm probably going to ask from time to time what everyone's thoughts and best practices are for certain situations. Many of you have tons of experience with CDK and hopefully can help make my life easier.
Today I have a question about SOR's on internal vehicles. When service makes a repair order for a used car, it does not have a customer number/control number on the R/O. If I need to order a part I cannot do so from the RO. I have to do a manual SOR and type the stock number in the name field. Of course this doesn't attach the SOR to the RO and when the part is sold the manual SOR needs to be manually closed. Do you guys have a better way to handle this?
Thanks in advance
GMpartsLux

Re: CDK SOR question

Postby CADLOU » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:34 pm

Like you our internal has no name on the repair order, but we do order the parts in the repair order. We also sometimes prepay the part on the repair order, but very few time. Normally we keep the RO opened until the part comes in and installed. If you are not able, it is because CDK is not allowing you to or is that a company policy? Like I said, we are able to order on the RO which gives me the VIN and and then at the beginning of the RO hit F3 will pull up the SOR which you can then enter a customer number, I use 10 for internal and then enter the stock number in the name area.
CADLOU

Postby GMpartsLux » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:03 pm

I'll have to play with it a little harder next time. I wanna say that it would not let me continue without entering a customer number. Perhaps it is a setting within CDK that can be changed.
GMpartsLux

Postby B964 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:03 pm

Why wouldn't there be a customer name or number for internal on an RO?
Is that just because they never have and it's just the way it's been or is it something they do not want? Can't see a good reason to not.
B964

Postby GMpartsLux » Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:15 pm

Apparently its just not practical to create that many new customers for internal vehicles is what they tell me. Then once the vehicle sells then that customer number is useless.
I did find out what I need to do to create an SOR though. If I put in 93 it pops up internal. I still cant change the name to a stock number though but at least the sor # is the same as the RO#
GMpartsLux

Postby FixedManager » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Every store has an account number for New Car, Used Car, Service, Parts, etc. Just go into the SOR in the repair order, up arrow to the account number, and enter the appropriate account number.
FixedManager

Postby mrjaygraham » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:14 pm

GMpartsLux wrote:Hi guys,
Our dealership recently switched from Autosoft to CDK. Talk about completely different systems. Its been three weeks now and I feel like I'm starting to get the hang of it.
I'm probably going to ask from time to time what everyone's thoughts and best practices are for certain situations. Many of you have tons of experience with CDK and hopefully can help make my life easier.
Today I have a question about SOR's on internal vehicles. When service makes a repair order for a used car, it does not have a customer number/control number on the R/O. If I need to order a part I cannot do so from the RO. I have to do a manual SOR and type the stock number in the name field. Of course this doesn't attach the SOR to the RO and when the part is sold the manual SOR needs to be manually closed. Do you guys have a better way to handle this?
Thanks in advance

Yep, that's how ADP/CDK does it. If its a company owned/stocked vehicle, there is no customer number attached to it yet. There is no such thing in ADP/CDK as an "Internal RO"... technically speaking. Each line on the RO can be C, W, or I ... a "Customer Owned" vehicle can have an Internal line.... etc... So anyway... point is that if you don't see a customer name/number, the vehicle still belongs to the dealership... Now.... what SHOULD happen is all of these vehicles are stocked in and have a stock # assigned before RO is opened. The service advisor can open the RO by the stock number if its in the system. If not, when they open it or add it by VIN, they need to make sure they input the stock number in the VEH screen to further tie it all together. As long as the correct labor type is used on the line AND that stock number is in accounting with a balance and is a control #...... you can open, sor, pre-pay, bill, we-owe, etc. all to that vehicle no problem.
mrjaygraham

Return to ADP Users Forum