Job Stacks

Job Stacks

Postby GMpartsLux » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:00 pm

For all of you seasoned veteran CDK users. Is there any thing that you would recommend running daily/weekly/monthly as far as reports go.
The only thing I have running currently is MGR at month end and RAS daily @ 9AM. Thanks
GMpartsLux

Re: Job Stacks

Postby Jaybee » Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:00 pm

I've been on R&R for awhile, but I always run a negative on hand report, if your system is set up to allow negative sales. I think it was RNO on ADP. It's one of those things that is easiest to reconcile if you look at it often.

John
Jaybee

Postby mrjaygraham » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:19 pm

GMpartsLux wrote:For all of you seasoned veteran CDK users. Is there any thing that you would recommend running daily/weekly/monthly as far as reports go.
The only thing I have running currently is MGR at month end and RAS daily @ 9AM. Thanks

If you have the fast lane and are disciplined enough to look at it every day, it will cover a lot of the old school reports that needed to be printed. BUT.... when you have report lying on your printer, it sort of reminds you and forces you to look and take action so in a way, the print to paper option is better.

Report Negative On Hands
Report Parts with No Cost
Report Parts with No Bin
Open Orders Report (to look for aged open unreceipted orders) *Weekly
Parts that are non-stock but returned (normally a wholesale cust. special order return - locate this fast and claim/return them - no need for those to be in your inventory)
You can add custom reports to the job stack also (reports from RPG/CRPG)
We can build all sorts of RIM specific part reports as well.

You can update the MGR's default setup to give you additional supplemental reports such as Parts on DEL status (check these physically to be certain one is not on the shelf, otherwise a write in at inventory time)
mrjaygraham

Postby imacdude » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:12 pm

I conducted a huge study a couple years ago on Jobstacks, Jobstack Timing, and Jobstack Sequencing... all of them matter.

On any given night, Parts jobstack has to run before Service. Parts jobstack does all of the accounting posting and cleanup for both.

We have a series of RPGs that we've created and run through SGR at month end. We had issues several years ago where the SGR might lock or blow up and would hose Month End, so we break out the SGR into it's own month end Jobstack.

So, on the last day of the month, our Jobstacks run like this:
1. Parts RTR stack
2. Parts PID stack
3. Parts Daily Stack

4. Service Daily Stack

5. Depending on the OE, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche all have a special jobstack

6. Parts-SGR stack
7. Parts EOM
8. Service EOM

Then on our daily, we run the following Parts functions...
THB
UPQ
PRD
RBE
SCS
USP
RXP
CLP
ROV
PCPD
ISM
CI-SAVE
DND

and on month end, we run:
ROLL-MONTH
RAD
RPC
RPD
RPM
RLE
RNC
ROO
RDPL
MNE
MGR
RDCI

I may make some modifications to those this year....

Also... We created specific DSDA cabinets for all our Jobstacks and we PRINT nothing anymore

Hope this helps
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Return to ADP Users Forum