CDK Advice

CDK Advice

Postby GMpartsLux » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:23 pm

So I'm looking for some advice on a couple of things. Bare with me as I've only been using CDK for about 6 weeks now.
First thing is what is the best practice for redeeming MY rewards vouchers on RO's and parts Invoices. Currently we are just hand writing the amount on the ticket and matching up the payments from GM when they come in. Surely there is a better way.
Secondly is Tire price match. The owner wants us to bill the tires out at full price in order to not mess with our profit margins. How should we handle the price match credit to the customer? Coupon at pay type? Or does someone have a better idea?
Third thing has to do with our matrix. We use source 180 as our default/standard source. It does use a price escalator/matrix on price6. Is there a way to bypass the matrix on certain parts such as key fob batteries that we sell for 5.99 and have that price saved. I tried to go into PM and manually change the price6 price but the matrix still overrides that price. ASI used to have a spot for special retail price that would override matrix pricing. Other than that the only thing I can think of is creating a new source that does not use a matrix and input the prices manually into price6. This is what I did for a lot of menu items such as wipers and filters. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated.
GMpartsLux

Re: CDK Advice

Postby Jaybee » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:17 pm

If your matrix calculates from cost, as yours's appears to, the only way I know around it, is to build another source. And then have that source not escalate. I had to do a similar thing to create a very narrow source that did escalate. I was trying to create an offset for a stock order discount loss. My main inventory did not escalate.

Hope this helps,

John
Jaybee

Postby Whiner » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:36 am

The rewards voucher on CDK is difficult to easily handle. There is not an easy way to do it. However, there is a work around. I don't have the procedure with me at this time, I received it from an expert user but have not actually set it up. When I find it I will post it here. CDK support is aware of this issue and there has been a defect registered with CDK for months and months - nothing as been done to address it.
Whiner

Postby mrjaygraham » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:08 pm

GMpartsLux wrote:So I'm looking for some advice on a couple of things. Bare with me as I've only been using CDK for about 6 weeks now.
First thing is what is the best practice for redeeming MY rewards vouchers on RO's and parts Invoices. Currently we are just hand writing the amount on the ticket and matching up the payments from GM when they come in. Surely there is a better way.
Secondly is Tire price match. The owner wants us to bill the tires out at full price in order to not mess with our profit margins. How should we handle the price match credit to the customer? Coupon at pay type? Or does someone have a better idea?
Third thing has to do with our matrix. We use source 180 as our default/standard source. It does use a price escalator/matrix on price6. Is there a way to bypass the matrix on certain parts such as key fob batteries that we sell for 5.99 and have that price saved. I tried to go into PM and manually change the price6 price but the matrix still overrides that price. ASI used to have a spot for special retail price that would override matrix pricing. Other than that the only thing I can think of is creating a new source that does not use a matrix and input the prices manually into price6. This is what I did for a lot of menu items such as wipers and filters. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated.

1 & 2 - can either be applied as a method of payment - full charges on RO =, sales/profit , but reduced/paid into a certain account(s). Alternatively you can setup Fee Codes but use them backwards, with negative numbers. These can be auto attached to labor types, part numbers, parts in sources, etc.

3 - A few options here. First is create a new source, update list or price 6 manually, go into pmu and set it to not update list price. Second option is to setup a parts list or Permanent Parts Quote and sell from quote which will hard set the price each time. Third option is to go into each part in PM and set to not update - then override the price. Fourth option is to set a comment on each part to pop up and remind you to make price $5.99 (OSOP - make sure comments pop up)
mrjaygraham

Postby imacdude » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 pm

With regard to your FLAT priced parts, I created a price matrix on a FIXED/LIST price source.

Source(s): 114
Price to calculate: PRICE6
Price break field: PRICE6

PRICE6 Is──To─── PRICE6 Will Be
0.00 0.00 LIST
0.01 9999999999.99 PRICE6

This way, you can still have the part update on the master tape, everything but the PRICE6 field in PMU. Go into PMU and put 5.99 in the price 6 field, and it works!
John Belen
Applications Manager
Asbury Automotive Group

The views and opinions expressed in my posts, are my own and have not been reviewed or approved by my employer, and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of my employer.
imacdude

Return to ADP Users Forum