CDK and multiple GM BAC's

CDK and multiple GM BAC's

Postby BRIAN8474 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:12 pm

I have also posted this to the parts managers forum, but being it's cdk I felt like it should be posted here as well.

Is there anyone out there that manages a GM parts department with multiple BAC#'s? I cant seem to get a straight answer from GM or CDK about how bac#'s and -I/-S accounts can be set up. I have a major problem trying to manage a parts department with 4 different physical locations (one business unit), but one -I account. Gm has told me that I can get a new BAC for the different locations but the existing -S account will not tie to these, so if you were to set up additional -S accounts to tie to the -I accounts RO sales would not be reported to GM because they use the dealer code not the BAC for business reporting such as vin#'s run through service. does anyone know if this is correct? This has been a years long headache of me trying to go through the proper channels of CDK reps and GM reps and still not have an answer that makes sense...There are huge dealers all over the US that one would assume have parts departments in several locations. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and if you are a dealer that has this going on please reach out to me, I'd love to hear what you have to say.
BRIAN8474

Return to ADP Users Forum