Loading Parts Master Updates for later Application

Postby Richard » Tue Sep 05, 2000 9:55 am

How do I load my Parts Price tape/Stockign Guide Tapes, and have them apply at night? I know that this was discussed once as an option to coming in at night, early AM, or weekend loading. Is this a working option at this time, or in the works for a future upgrade/fix?
Richard

Postby EDS_FORUM » Thu Sep 07, 2000 6:37 pm

Richard,

With Release 46.12, scheduled for November 2000 you will have the ability to schedule the load of your Parts Price tape(s) from the Update Manufacturer Master option (1) of the Price Maintenance Menu (PIM08). After prompting for the tape device and manufacturer code a new option (Schedule the load process) will copy the Parts Price Tape information to a temporary file on the AS/400 and prompt you for a date/time for the update to execute. This new option will work with one or more manufacturer parts price tapes. After completing this step the backup tape can be placed in the tape device for your completing your normal nightly backup. This job should be scheduled shortly after closing but early enough to NOT impact your nightly backup process. Additional information will be provided as Release 46.12 is rolled out in November 2000. The Stocking Guide tape(s) can then be loaded in the AM, as this process does NOT require a dedicated system to complete. Richard, thanks for your inquiry and please let us know if additional information is required.
EDS_FORUM

Return to ADP Users Forum