ADP vs R&R help needed

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 am

I need some help adjusting to A.D.P.

I will "edit out" all of my non relative posts in an effort to shorten the thread and allow for easier access to helpful information. Perhaps others will do the same.

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-24-2009).]

Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby carguy2 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:02 am

What version of ADP are you using?
carguy2

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby exmopar » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:29 pm

OK
Cadillac - GM's test bed for new product, which usually fails.

Model T - best selling vehicle of all time until the Bettle - both of which are simple products designed for the masses.

I have been using ADP for 15 years, about the same as your R&R experience. I have found it to be a very stable platform which delivers what needs to be done without a lot of fuss - you just have to care to learn how it works. In a previous dealer group I was in, all of the Parts Managers asked me how I knew so much about ADP. I explained that for 10 minutes a day, I would learn something new about how it functions or reports to extract. I have never taken an ADP course, or been employeed by ADP, yet right now, out of over 20 stores, I am the most knowledgeable of all the working Managers outside of head office on how it functions and what it can do.

Please explain what problems you have, as I cannot see how changing computer systems makes you sell less parts. You still punch in the #, and bill it out. Only 2 screens to do that on.
exmopar

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby JustBob » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:25 pm

exmopar,

Excellent point. I sell/install/train a DMS system that competes and frequently replaces R+R and ADP. They are both capable systems and each has their own idiosyncracies (sp?), as does the one I am privledged to represent. While selling and installing is a challenge the greatest challenge is training those that do not want to learn. The next greatest challenge is when an employee is replaced by a user of another DMS. All too many time the DP is not willing to invest the employee's time in training even when there is no cost!!! I call this the "give them the keys and they will learn how to drive it" approach. What if Captain Sully of the Miracle on the Hudson had been trained in this manner? I am certain that Matt Parsons will advise the origonal poster of the training opportunities available but they require an open mind and willingness to learn.

DMS is a tool. Even my wife could use it if properly trained and .... she knew the business in which it is utilized.

Jay you obviously know the business, if you will learn the DMS you can again be highly successful in your new position. Spend the hour plus saved commute time learning. FYI- I seriously doubt that ADP pays anyone within a dealership a "Finders Fee", we do not. Some of my best references however are those that used a competing DMS without proper training for various reasons and they were properly trained on our DMS they think we can walk on water (tried it and my feet got wet). Our DMS is good, I could argue it is the best but it is perceived to be only as good as the user!!! Most likely your employeer is not going to change DMS so avail yourself to the training available and as you have already done in this Forum ask those questions you do not find answers to. The posters in the DealerEdge Forum are a helpful bunch.

Matt Parson - my apologies for walking in your yard.

------------------
Have a tremendous day
Bob Britting

JustBob

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby exmopar » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:15 pm

JustBob - you've gotta be almost saintly if only your feet got wet!!! :-)

ex
exmopar

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby JustBob » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:56 pm

exmopar,

Afraid not, but may print your post about me being almost saintly and leave where my wife will find. My momma didn't raise no dummy - started in shallow water and when it got to my ankles I took the hint and looked for the rocks to step on!!!

Enjoy what is left of the weekend. Just finished my last honeydo for the day!

------------------
Have a tremendous day
Bob Britting

JustBob

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby gmcgrew » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:05 pm

I have an excel spread sheet that a member of the forum sent me when I had a guy come over that was using R&R. If you post an e-mail address I will send it to you. Put the e-mail in code form,
gmcgrew

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Rich Gilardi LLC » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:05 pm

Hello Jay,
I certainly sympathize with your dilemma. I have a pretty extensive ADP background, so maybe I can be of some help.
Do you know which ADP system your dealer has?
Reflections, Web1000, websuite2005, websuite2006, websuite2007. I don't think you could have Direct yet, as it sounds like the Dealer has had this system for awhile. There are a number of pretty cool things ADP has to offer, but as JustBob mentioned, training is generally the issue. Don't think your coworkers are trained, as they may have learned the same way you are trying to do. If you would like to send me some of your questions, I may be able to help you. I trained ADP new users for awhile.
Rich Gilardi LLC
rgilardi/at/aapservice/./com
You can ask them on this forum too, whatever is easier for you.
Rich Gilardi LLC

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby texaslp » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:19 pm

"Afraid not, but may print your post about me being almost saintly and leave where my wife will find."

You better make sure to delete this comment first!

"DMS is a tool. Even my wife could use it if properly trained and .... she knew the business in which it is utilized."
texaslp

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Matt Parsons » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks to all for stepping in. Bob, appreciate your comments and having worked in and around you and your company for years, I have a great deal of respect for you.

OK, back to the question at hand...we do need to determine what system you are on or at a minimum what dealership you are working in (and form there I can arrange assistance). If you are not comfortable posting what store you are at, please feel free to email me at matt_parsons@adp.com and we can reach out to you from there.

P.S., ADP's newest system is called Drive, not Direct. :-)
Matt

[This message has been edited by Matt Parsons (edited 06-15-2009).]

Matt Parsons

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum