ADP vs R&R help needed

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby X476 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:50 pm

I have been on ADP for 23 years and now I am learning arkona while still using ADP. I think it all boils down to what you trained on and use the most. I would be more than willing to help anyone if I can. Post the problem and between the group of us I bet we can solve it.
X476

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:59 pm

Non essential post.
------------------
Jay Daniels

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-24-2009).]

Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 pm

How can I make all the clutter go away: Part numbers that have been reduced to zero. On quotes, picking tickets, RO's, invoices while they are still open.

How can I place a comment (R&R 2101 item 30 'i think') on a p/n that will print on either a counter invoice or a Repair Order. The main reason for this is to put a full description on tires. Or messages like "absolutely no return"...etc.

One thing on which the "jury is still out".......SDL.............A wonderful tool. I don't know yet if it is better than R&R's PQ.(2108) function or not....

End result is still far too many keystrokes to do "day to day" business.

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-24-2009).]

Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby gmcgrew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:49 am

Jay I will forward the spreadsheet to Matt this morning. I do not know of a way for parts zeroed to be removed from quotes. When invoicing a quote it will ask for a quantity on zeroed items, it does require that you spend a second watching what comes up but if you just hit enter on those items they will go away. On pick tickets if a pick ticket was already printed you can just print changes the next time. I can't remember if that prints the zeroed items as well but it does shorten the list.

To add a comment arrow to the part you want the comment on and press the F2 key. This will open the part info screen. Press the down arrow until the part comment line is highlighted and you can enter the information that you want. This is also the screen that you can change quantities and pricing after the part has been added.

Hope this helps and for what it is worth everyone that I have talked to that has changed DMS systems always feels that the system they know is better than what they are currently using.
gmcgrew

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby exmopar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Jay:

Wasn't trying to do anything but be a smarta$$ - just being me.

Some of the things:

SOR's stay on the system because of the length of retention setup - have someone take a look, should not be more than 1 day.

There is no way to remove a part # on quotes, invoices, RO's. I think this is for security reasons.

Hope this helps!!!

ex

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby gmcgrew » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:20 pm

A quick thought on SOR's. If a part on the order is not receipted yet the SOR will stay on the system until the order is completely receipted.
gmcgrew

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:20 am

I found the comment line for part numbers and use it frequently. What I am looking for is: (R&R 2101 line 30). One can apply an "invoice comment" that appears on the screen and in print every time the p/n is applied to an RO or invoice. That is very helpful in applying a detailed description on tires (in particular but has many uses). I found room for a comment in "PM" but haven't found where that comment is seen other than if you go to "PM" and type the p/n again.

exmopar: Where does one go to review how long SOP info is retained? If all the p/n's for one customer are retained and flagged as filled until all items are filled, that is a good thing. But once all items have been filled, that information should 'go away'.

------------------
Jay Daniels
Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby exmopar » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:01 pm

Jay:

Routine for SOR's is SFR, then SETUP. Days for closed should be 1, open should be blank. I know of no way for the commect to print, but I haven't given up!!!

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby jazdale » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Permanent comments can be done in 2 ways.

1. OSNR is a routine to set up parts with a certain source, status, or ABCD code to always print non-returnable on the invoice.

2. The permanant comment field in PM can be setup to print on the invoice.

In both cases, the invoice needs to be altered in function FRM.

You really need to check out the training courses at http://adpdealerservices.com

Like RR, you've got a jillion setups (specs) to consider. Lord knows why or how your system was setup before you.
jazdale

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 pm

gmcgrew: I received your spread sheet.....
gmcgrew....xmopar....jazdale

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-18-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-18-2009).]

Jay Daniels

PreviousNext

Return to ADP Users Forum