ADP vs R&R help needed

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby exmopar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am

Jaz:

How do you get the part comment to print? I have played and played and played with FRM and can only get it to print when you actually add a comment to the part itself in invoicing (ie F2 and add comment). I cannot get it to print without doing that.

Thanks
ex

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby jazdale » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:21 pm

exmopar
Field 98 is the permanent comment that you added in function PM.

Field 125 is the comment that you add on the fly when you sell parts.
jazdale

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby OK PARTS MANAGER » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Along the same lines I need to add a comment (message) to all counter tickets, but can not use Fields 182,183,184,185, or 186 because because we have preprintd information on form where these filelds go. Is there a way to add a Line of text in the invoice Detail area.
OK PARTS MANAGER

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby jazdale » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:51 pm

OK pm

It can be done, but I don't advise it.

You'll need to change form definitions for the number of lines the detail and total section need.

It's been years since I played with it. I remember it taking several trial and errors until I got it right.
jazdale

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:26 pm

In FRM; If you are able to get this to apply to a p/n and appear on the screen and print on a document, where does it print? Does one have to take a way keystrokes from other fields or does it print like "F2" for line item comments?

It is not infrequent that I have techs ask for a quote for parts for which a line has not yet been added. We normally have a generic "courtesy inspection" line on which I make a quote. Today I gave a qoute for ten lines on that line. Later lines were added for those repairs. I "sold quote" but all the parts were applied to the RO on the line they were quoted. When I attempted to move the lines using "F2", I discovered I needed to move one line at a time. Can this be true?????? With R&R I could apply a quote to any line I chose and to move a part from one job to another required only about four keystrokes and it was done. I have one job running now that the tech wanted a quote that I had already three pages of previous quotes....Even though the quotes had been applied to the RO, they still printed when asked for another quote on the same RO. Can multiple quotes be made on the same RO??

------------------
Jay Daniels
Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby jazdale » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:41 pm

FRM - can be designed either way.

You're right about moving lines one-at-a-time.

You can add multiple quotes to the same RO. From the first page where all the lines display, hit F6. This will display all the parts already quoted to line A and will allow you to add more.
If you want to quote a different line, you can hit down arrow to move from line A to another line.

jazdale

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:29 pm

This week I had a repair order opened with two lines. A customer complaint and a "courtesy multi-point inspection". I quoted three lines on job 1. I quoted eighten parts on job 2. We ultimately had 10 lines on the RO. When I "sold quote (F6)" I was able to apply three lines to job 1 but all eighteen of the rest of the quote was applied to job 2 even though I entered the correct job and "sold quote" for the correct parts on the correct line. Is there any way to make them go to the correct line? I had to move all eighteen one line at a time to the correct job. What did I do wrong? If there isn't a way, THERE SHOULD BE.

exmopar: Did you ever get an answer to your question? "How do you get the part comment to print?"

------------------
Jay Daniels

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 06-25-2009).]

Jay Daniels

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:13 pm

In my opinion the only way to troubleshoot the parts for the quotes going to the incorrect line is to duplicate the scenario. Your support folks would be happy to take a look at that. One of the steps you may want to take before contacting them is to create another "dummy" ticket exactly like the one you had and jump on over to the "advanced Elite/Reflections" (DMS connection) and see if the problem arises again. If not and you have WebSuite it may be an issue that can be easiy resolved with a "patch" or a "ram." The others are correct as far as FRM is concerned for puling data to print on your invoice. The issue about parts taken off an invoice staying on the screen is an academic one and different DMS' have different philosophies. In this case I mostly agree with how ADP handles it for chain of custody reasons. Surbanes/Oxley would play into this if you are publicly held. There is a file called "Trans" that holds all transactions from various functions. Post sales,Post receipts, Plus/Minus, OE, PRO etc. If you were to edit this file you would find it holds lots of valueable information that can be run to reports. Exceptions, overrides and so on. This trans file by code writes to the screen and without getting into to much detail does it for the reasons stated above. If you are or do become familiar with English you can write statements to prove or disprove what is actually happening. Okay that was a mouthful. Alot of this is comparitive and confusing as learning a language. Once you understand the logic it becomes easier. Wow that was a mouthful. I can help you with RPG, SGR or English if you want to persue it. Just drop a note.
cantfind122

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:17 pm

P.S. I don't know if you have them already but there are translation sheets that tell you what the ADP equivalent to R&R is.
cantfind122

ADP vs R&R help needed

Postby Jay Daniels » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Cantfind122... 'WOW' You have either 'dazzled me with brilliance' or 'baffled me with B******T' I'm just not smart enough to know the difference. Surbanes/Oxley was signed into law in 2002 and was not 'retro'. A.D.P. has been leaving all this clutter on the screen forever. In any event, I didn't say that quotes were going the wrong place, my question was: If I make a quote on one job (line / job) why can't I apply it to another line if I enter that line and "sell the quote". Thanks for mentioning the translation sheets; GMcGrew was kind enough to supply me with one. The only problem is that it comfirmed that most of the things I could do with R&R, I can't do with A.D.P. I don't know why I should worry myself with this except that it has been my lifelong task to make things better. When I took my current postioion, I tendered my resignation the same day. I will only be fightng this fight for another 1(+-) to 4 (+-). My immediate concern is how to make my life easier at the counter. Unfortunately, all the answers I seem to be receiving are that with ADP it won't get easier. It simply amazes me that there are so many parts managers that are willing to accept a DMS telling them how they should do business instead of expecting a product that does what they want. Again; I have nothing against ADP, it is just that there are too many things it doesn't do well. I am beginning to like "SDL" better than 2108 (I think that is parts kits).

------------------
Jay Daniels
Jay Daniels

PreviousNext

Return to ADP Users Forum