Too much un-necessay clutter

Too much un-necessay clutter

Postby Jay Daniels » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:51 pm

cantfind 122:
Thank you for addressing what I perceive as being too much clutter left on the screens when they are no longer relevant to the current situation.

Regarding "Surbanes/Oxley". I understand the law and still understand that it was not passed until 2002 and was not 'retro'.
(Would that not be considered 'ex post facto'?) Many contend that it only requires that data be retrievable by people with proper credentials and not by just anyone. So; once again why is so much unnecessary information/clutter left in the parts screens?

Perhaps the following may apply to the reason ADP leaves all the clutter remains on the screens.

Please indulge me::::::

A young monk arrives at the monastery.
He is assigned to helping the other monks in copying the old canons and laws of the church by hand. He notices, however; all of the monks are copying from copies, not from the original manuscript. So, the new monk goes to the head abbot to question this, pointing out that if someone made even a small error in the first copy, it would never be picked up!
In fact, that error would be continued in all of the subsequent copies.

The head monk, says, 'We have been copying from the copies for centuries, but you make a good point, my son.'

He goes down into the dark caves underneath the monastery where the original manuscripts are held as archives in a locked vault that hasn't been opened for hundreds of years.
Hours go by and nobody sees the old abbot

So, the young monk gets worried and goes down to look for him. He sees him banging his head against the wall and wailing.

'We missed the R'
'We missed the R'
'We missed the R'

His forehead is all bloody and bruised and he is crying uncontrollably. The young monk asks the old abbot, 'What's wrong, father?'

With A choking voice, the old abbot replies, 'The word was ...'CELEBRATE !

Just in case there is someone out there who 'doesn't get it'.... CELEBATE has a whole different meaning.

Are you sure it is a "legal responsibility" to leave all that clutter out there or are you sure that is "what you have aloways been told"?
------------------
It is a good thing when seeking perfection to learn to accept excellence as a suitable alternative. It is not a good thing when seeking excellence to accept mediocrity as a substitute.

Do not hesitate to expect of others what others expect of you (excellence).

Jay Daniels

[This message has been edited by Jay Daniels (edited 07-23-2009).]

Jay Daniels

Return to ADP Users Forum