Parts Report

Parts Report

Postby qtparts » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:45 pm

Does anyone know how can I run a report for my top moving parts? I would also like to be able to choose the number of "top parts" i would like to run. Possibly Top 30, 50, and 100.
qtparts

Parts Report

Postby scotstrong » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:10 pm

You would need to pick a minimum number of piece sales to do this. Say you want to look at all parts that have sold at least 25 pieces in the last year, you could use the following English statement:

"SORT PART-NO. BY-DSND YRSL WITH YRSL GE "25" (after the "25" list whatever fields you want to print seperated by a space) example= SO DESC BIN O.H. O.O. COST YRSL (add LPTR at the end to send it to the designated lineprinter). In this example the output fields would be SOURCE, DESCRIPTION, BIN, ON HAND QTY., ON ORDER, COST, AND THEN YRSL (LAST 12 MONTHS). By using BY-DSND YRSL, it will report in descending order of most sales to least sales. The complete example English statement would be:

SORT PART-NO. BY-DSND YRSL WITH YRSL GE "25" SO DESC BIN O.H. O.O. COST YRSL LPTR.

Simply change the value to something other than "25" to create different list.

scotstrong

Parts Report

Postby exmopar » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:20 pm

Are you on Websuite 2007? Not sure if 2006 has this, but from the 2007 desktop reports there is one for top purchasing customers (can setup to however many you want).

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

Parts Report

Postby BRRRR » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Are you familiar with function RPX?
BRRRR

Parts Report

Postby BRRRR » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:46 pm

You can pull the info you want into an excel spread sheet and sort it by YRSL or SOURCE or what ever.
BRRRR

Parts Report

Postby Clifford Cope » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm

qtparts,

If you send me your email address, I can send you the link to a windows app that can show you your parts in this kind of detail.

You will need to be able to capture the output of the ENG statement below to a text file (plain text, the way it looks on the screen or paper) and then drop it onto the application for analysis. Once imported, you can select, sort, filter copy and paste as much as you want.

Cliff

ENTER ENGLISH STATEMENT?
?TERM 255,12,6,0,2,8,132,60,48,0
<ENTER>
<ENTER>

ENTER ENGLISH STATEMENT?
?LIST PART-NO. MFG PART-ID SS YRSL O.H. ABCD MNR MNS O.O. SO BIN COST P-U OH.VALUE BSL SENTRY
?WITH P-U
?ID-SUPP HEADER "STATVIEW 'D'"
<ENTER>
<ENTER>

Clifford Cope

Parts Report

Postby qtparts » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:45 am

Thanks everyone! The RPX report worked for ranking by units sold. Im working on the report now to show and order by gross profit amounts. So far so good!
qtparts

Parts Report

Postby qtparts » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:59 am

How would I then go about showing reports for top selling customer's and top grossing customer's?

[This message has been edited by qtparts (edited 08-13-2009).]

qtparts

Parts Report

Postby gmcgrew » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:56 am

In PDA under the 'M'onthly Reports tab I have a report set up listed as Gross Ranking Report and Sales Ranking Report. It was set up when I started here so I am not sure if it was a canned report or a report that a previous manager built. These reports do exactly what you were asking for if you have them. They can also be dumped into an excel file if you have websuite 2006 and above or reflections 8.0 and up.
gmcgrew

Return to ADP Users Forum