EDS using Decision One instead of IBM???

Postby aksales » Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:00 pm

I was just wondering if anyone else is a little worried about Decision One takeing over all our hardware problems. Please let me say this we have not had problems with Decision One before, and I do belive they are competent, but I am just a little worried when we do the next major thing if Decision One will be as reliable or knowledgeable as IBM on our 400.
aksales

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:00 am

So far, we have had one service visit since EDS changed to D1....and it took 3 trips/3 days to fix a printer....so I would have to say I am not impressed so far, but again, this is based on ONE visit...but 1st impressions is what I am judged on as a Parts Manager, or most of us as Dealership employees.......right?
Richard

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri Jan 18, 2002 10:24 am

Richard, the decision by EDS to swing our maintenance for all Hardware aspects of our customers business from IBM to Decision One was made with a great deal of care and research. We track and have tracked very detailed metrics in terms of response times, repair rates, etc. for both companies for many years (EDS works with both across many sectors of our company) and firmly believe that Decision One will provide superior service to our dealers. We have a Hardware Portfolio Manager (Bill Stanton) who monitors these metrics and meets constantly with our hardware vendors to review cases that have not delivered to our (and your) standards so we can better understand root cause and resolutions.

If for any reason, you or any of our clients feel as though they are receiving poor service from either a vendor of ours or EDS directly, I want to know about it so I can direct it to the right person/team within ARG to resolve.

Thanks.
Matt Parsons

Postby aksales » Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:20 pm

Im Baaaack!
Well I just wanted to chime in again on this topic. First off for Mat, this is regarding case # 1848870, and was opened on January 7th. Like I had said before I do not have any problems with Decision One supporting our terminals, printers, etc. When our local Decision One reps come out to fix a printer, or replace a terminal we feel that they do a very good job. It always seems to take a couple of days to get replacements but I do know that with being in Alaska, it comes with the territory. Well with the above mentioned case we have been waiting to use our optical for 15 days now. Our repair guy did come out after 2 days I do believe, and temporary fixed the problem, but of course it came back, and then they had to order parts. I will not go into the specifics of the case, as I dont believe I need to, but It is my feeling that it is not the fault of our local Decision One representatives, but with Decision One itself. I do know that from what I had heard Decision One gave incorrect information to the technician, that in my opinion has prolonged the case. Just observing one of the phone conversions that the dispatched tech had with Decision One I have become more and more skeptical about EDS moving from IBM for the big problems. From what I have heard our technician cannot get the help he needs from Decision One, and is calling IBM to come out and fix the problem. I just feel that having our optical drive down for 15+ days is not acceptable, and it is also in my own opinion that we would not be in the situation that we are in right now if EDS would have not switched over the major support from IBM.
aksales

Postby aksales » Wed Jan 23, 2002 11:57 am

Well I just wanted to check back in and let everyone know that our local Decision One people had to pay for IBM to come out and fix the problem. Our optical was down for 15 days, and once IBM was able to get it up and running in a little over 2.5 hours.
I have already emailed Kurt P. to let him know of our situation, and I urge all other EDS dealers to post, or have someone in hardware make a formal complaint IF you have problems. Hopefully this was just a one-time bad deal, but I have my doubts.

[This message has been edited by aksales (edited 01-23-2002).]

aksales

Postby EDS_FORUM » Thu Jan 24, 2002 9:45 am

Jason,
I appreciate your direct feedback with Decision One's service. The experiences that you have had in working with my area of responsibility are completely unacceptable to my team and me. Your concerns with Decision One's ability to properly service our offerings are of an utmost concern to me personally and I wish to ensure you that I along with my team are aggressively investigating the scenarios and points-of-failure that you have brought to our attention so that we can fully understand the root cause analysis and take immediate corrective actions.

Finally, I would like to thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. I appreciate the opportunity to correct the problems at hand, and prove that EDS deserves the opportunity to serve your future needs.

Thanks,
Bill Stanton
EDS_FORUM

Return to ADP Users Forum