payroll direct deposit

payroll direct deposit

Postby aksales » Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:15 pm

We are looking for any info that anyone might have regarding doing payroll direct deposit. Our bank supports the application and I know with Exec Assistant we can get the info downloaded to supply the bank their required info. I would like to know if anyone is currently doing direct deposit. How can we handle the exceptions that do not want direct deposit and still do only one check run. We have a very large payroll (around 260 employees). Any suggestions or solutions will be appreciated. I have spoken to a couple people on the EDS hotline but have not gotten a very satisfactory suggestion. Any of you out there that have figured this out, please contact me as soon as possible.
Thanks for your help.
Carol Letasky

aksales

payroll direct deposit

Postby Matt Parsons » Wed May 01, 2002 6:55 pm

Carol, I have initiated an internal research process to determine the different ways that EDS clients are doing Direct Deposit. I hope to have a response to this question within the next week.
Matt Parsons

payroll direct deposit

Postby Matt Parsons » Tue May 07, 2002 2:23 pm

Carol, I have queried our field and support teams, and the method that our clients are using for direct deposit is the one that I believe was described to you via the Customer Interaction Center. In speaking with several experts here, I understand that you have concerns about using this to support 260 employees. One of our subject matter experts from our portfoio team will be calling you to discuss our approach, as she use to be a client of EDS and used this approach in her stores for a payroll of over 220+ employees.

Following are the basic steps that are required to perform direct deposit via either DEALERLINE XL or DMS@NET. If you or any of our other clients have more detailed discussions, or wish to set this process up, please contact the call center, bus ops team for assistance.

Direct Deposit Approach:
The recommended method for setting up direct deposit of payroll checks is as follows:
Set up a new deduction code in Businessline, for example DP.

On menu PAM01, do options 13 & 14 to produce a payroll register. (If using DMS@NET, the option numbers can be viewed by hovering with the mouse over the arrow keys).

Make another pass through option 13 and for anyone that has direct deposit. Take the net pay from the payroll register and enter it as a DP deduction in the other deductions section of the screen. (For salaried employee where the net pay does not vary, this can be set up as a fixed deduction in the payroll master maintenance.)

Next run a second payroll register and confirm that all the direct deposit people come to a zero net pay.

Once everything looks good print the checks. For zero net checks, the system will print a pay stub and a voided check that can be given to employees.

After the payroll totals are updated, an AS/400 query or Executive Assistant report can be used to produce a report that queries out the DP deductions, and changes the sign (as the amounts will typically show the a minus sign unless changed).

If E/A is used there can be a setup page in Excel listing the employee names, routing numbers, and any other misc. info needed by the bank.
Matt Parsons

Return to ADP Users Forum