For Matt P - conference call

Postby exmopar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Matt:

We had a conference call set up for last Friday for parts holds but I didn't realize it was a holiday here in Canada - did the call go as planned or re-scheduled?

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

Postby Matt Parsons » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm

The call did occur as planned. I will call you or have the Subject Matter Expert from the call, call you to explain what we covered. The other two dealers found this to be very beneficial and we learned something as well with regards to a requested change to the system. Please look for a call from Pat (female) Braziel.

[This message has been edited by Matt Parsons (edited 03-24-2008).]

Matt Parsons

Postby exmopar » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks, Matt - appreciate the quick response. Wish I had taken in the call as well - hope to hear from Pat soon.

------------------
exmopar

Postby exmopar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:52 am

Matt:
Have not heard anything more about this - would you mind calling or e-mailing me?

Thanks.

------------------
exmopar

Postby Matt Parsons » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:11 pm

I apologize. I thought our sme on Parts had called you. Can you resend me your contact info at matt_parsons@adp.com
Matt Parsons

Postby exmopar » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Matt:

Only putting this here to move up to top of forum - please see parts hold listing for all particulars besides this.
exmopar

Postby jazdale » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:57 pm

Guys and gals,
Matt has moved on to bigger and better opportunities. I'm not sure if he can respond in the same timeliness that he did in the past.

I talked with Pat on this subject. At this point, we don't have a direct solution to this issue. Though it is on the roadmap of things to do, it will require real-world research before we start writing the code.

I understand the issue of keeping an RO open (fill rate) and building fake SORs. The SOR isn't a bad idea because you can see that detail in function I/PRO.

What about creating a single (internal) counter invoice called held parts? Use comment or part description to explain who or what for each part on the invoice.
When you need to sell the part, zero the sale of the counter invoice and re-sell it on the customer's invoice.
I undertstand it's a 2 step process, but it would solve a couple issues.

1. It would be easy to track all the 'held' parts.
2. It doesn't get caught up in the SOR files.
3. It doesn't weaken the RO fill rate formula

jazdale

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Jaz- what are the implications of your solution for GM dealers on RIM? Sounds to me like RIM is going to be picking up an extra sale record, or possibly shipping me a replacement piece for stock that won't be protected.

Congratulations and good luck Matt, I've appreciated your interest in this forum.
Mike

Postby jazdale » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:18 pm

I wondered about that also when I hammered out this idea.
I assume RIM tracks the sale even if the invoice is not closed.

What does RIM do with a sale, a return, then another sale over a span of 2 weeks?

jazdale

Postby DMSOUTH » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:28 pm

2 sales........
DMSOUTH

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum