EMP report in ADP

EMP report in ADP

Postby 69mach1 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:57 am

Every morning i run a EMP report for my guys, which is a really a SOR report but by employee.
The problem we are having is SOR's are closing after rolling it into a invoice and we dont print the invoice in which when Mr. Customer comes in you can not search for any thing on order.
According to ADP if you are on web-suite 2006 with the 990 release they decided to take this function out.
Is any one else having same types of problems.
Also Matt if you read this Case Number is
106486468, can we get this function back.
69mach1

EMP report in ADP

Postby jazdale » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:43 am

I'm a little fuzzy on your request.
Not sure why you mentioned the EMP report.

990 does have functinality to auto close the filled invoices and auto delete old, abandoned SORs. I'm not sure if changing the retention in SFR to 14 was truly the answer you were looking for.

Give me more details if this isn't resolved.

Dale
jazdale

EMP report in ADP

Postby exmopar » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:16 pm

The question becomes why are SOR's being rolled before the customer comes in for the parts? That is a very dangerous way to run a parts dept. Yes, you have no outstanding SOR's, but your work in progress goes through the roof. Also, the SOR does not "close", it stays open with all parts filled until your invoice is printed or RO is closed.

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?

[This message has been edited by exmopar (edited 08-18-2008).]

exmopar

EMP report in ADP

Postby jazdale » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:50 pm

How are your settings in function SOS?
Auto-fill is not mandatory.
jazdale

EMP report in ADP

Postby 69mach1 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:51 am

exmopar, its not a problem with open invoice we sit once a week and review all open orders includes RO's in shop also, the problem is it is closing the SOR even with the invoice open and jazdale opening the retention 14 days is not the answer.

Here is the SOS
NAVIGATION
Prompt for Salesperson (Y/N).........................................: N
PRINTING
Maximum number of special order request printers.....................: 1
INVOICING
Display backorder amount in totals section of invoice screens (Y/N)..: N
Reprint special order parts at the bottom of the invoice (Y/N).......: Y
Automatically generate backorder invoices,
1 -- When the original invoice is closed
2 -- After special order parts are receipted
3 -- Do not automatically generate backorder invoices.............
69mach1

EMP report in ADP

Postby exmopar » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:28 am

mach:
What is the prompt for the last on SOS - 1,2 or 3?

------------------
exmopar

EMP report in ADP

Postby 69mach1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:42 am

Exmopar,

69mach1

EMP report in ADP

Postby exmopar » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:45 pm

OK, now I am reading this a little different than I was before.

"The problem we are having is SOR's are closing after rolling it into a invoice and we dont print the invoice in which when Mr. Customer comes in you can not search for any thing on order."

After you roll an SOR, it will remove the order from any report that you can find in ADP. It will not close the SOR, but will close the part from being on the SOR as shown by the *.

It will only show on open invoices (ROO report or Websuite sidebar Invoices open). It will not close the SOR, but will close the part from being on the SOR as shown by the *.

The only way for it to show up on the SOR reports (EMP is a custom report, by the way), is to NOT roll the SOR.

Exmopar

------------------
exmopar

EMP report in ADP

Postby 69mach1 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Correct, this all changed on the 990 release i have no idea why they would do that.
and yes we have been trying to stop rolling invoices but habits are hard to break and we do a ton of retail business so its been a tough nut
69mach1

EMP report in ADP

Postby exmopar » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:53 am

69, I hear ya. I have been away from Mopar for over 2 years now, and I still try to send an order to Dodge at LEAST once a week. That and about 25 other things I used to do that I shouldn't. Good luck with your memory test, I fail it all the time.

Ex.

------------------
exmopar

Return to ADP Users Forum