GM Accessory sale account

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am

How do I set my system up so that parts sales from a specific source go to a specific sale account?

My GM accessories are all in source 126 and GL account 24200. Currently sales from this source are credited to sale account 481,2,3 or wherever else that is appropriate according to sale type. I want all sales from this source to be credited to 48400 and chained to 68400. Can this be set up so that it is totally behind the scenes and does not require my cashier to add specific labor lines?
Mike

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 am

I set mine up so all accessory parts numbers go into stock group XM. XM in turn feeds the 484 acct, which will report as Accessories sales on the GL.

I'm not on EDS anymore, but it was very simple to do under stocking group back in the day.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 01-20-2009).]

Richard

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:58 am

Thanks Richard, I forgot to mention it but I am on ADP.
Mike

Postby jazdale » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 pm

Mike

The routine is USA (update source accounting) and RSA (report source accounting) in your service logon.

1. Run RSA to figure out how you're currently setup. You'll notice a default source (STD) and a list of other sources - typically GOG and tires. You'll also notice in each source, a default sale-type and a breakdown of other labor-types. Typically, CP labor is the default and war/int types are broken out.

2. Use USA to define source 126 to your GL sale account(s). Seems you should be able to just define the default labor-type without breaking it down further by labor-type.

3. Make sure the labor-type in RLT/ULT has a parts sale account of SRC.
jazdale

Postby gmcgrew » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Mike it takes a call to ADP. When selling to RO's the labor op codes and parts source have to be set up to sale to that account. I am not sure for over the counter sales.
gmcgrew

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Dale and Mike,
Dales instructions take care of the service side, but I believe you need to go into OSSA to set it up on the Parts side.
Thanks,
Gerry

[This message has been edited by Gerry Laughlin (edited 01-20-2009).]

Gerry Laughlin

Return to ADP Users Forum