Parts hold

Parts hold

Postby cantfind122 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm confused. How or why should a parts department put an RO on hold? If the customer wants to pick up the vehicle and the RO is on a parts hold can service override the parts departments hold? I agree with the Zoom scenario to the best of my knowledge from a technical standpoint. When an SOR is created it builds two files SOR and SOR-LINES. One holds header information and the other holds parts infomation. The question is the tie in and the only correlation could be the VEHID which is why the Manual SOR fools the system. It ties the VEHID to the part number and the customer through Indexing files but does not tie it to WIP, Labor, Labor-OPs, or any connecting files that I know of yet. Ironically, UCS systems can make that connection (I would love to see their file structure) and they can do it across logons. I don't want this to come across as anything more than someone who wants to find a means to an end. If we can all work together I think there is a plan we can use to get this done.
cantfind122

Parts hold

Postby jazdale » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Whoa Cantfind!
The parts hold is just for things like core or warranty return. It has nothing to do with SOR's or reserving parts.

The parts hold will allow processing the RO through booking, but will not allow an invoice to print until parts dept releases the hold.
jazdale

Parts hold

Postby Ironchild » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Ex...any word back from ADP on this yet? I figured I give it a month or so before asking. Thx!

------------------
"You want a 710 part?"

Ironchild

Previous

Return to ADP Users Forum