Invoice pricing question

Invoice pricing question

Postby kcjones » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:37 am

I have two stores (same brands) that use a pricing matrix. At one store when I sell a NON-Matrix maintenace part the price automatically goes to MSRP list. At my other store when we sell a maintenance part from our non-matrix source it asks us to enter the sale price manually. It does this on both parts invoices and RO's.

Anyone know how to change the setup to get the price to go to MSRP automatically?

kcjones

Invoice pricing question

Postby jazdale » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:49 pm

kc
Manual sale price prompts means there was no price for the system to find.

Work it from the beginning in the following steps.
1. Determine the price code that was used.
OCCU - Set up customer
RLT - labor types

2. OSPC - Price code setups.
3. Determine the source of the parts. Pay attention to the price formula from OSPC. Is it looking at a field that is blank?
4. DPB/SPB Display/setup price breaks.

My guess is that the maint parts source was using a special price (like PRICE6).

Tell us what you find. We can figure this out.

jazdale

Invoice pricing question

Postby drapp » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:16 pm

jazdale is correct (as usual). If you are a GM dealer there are two sources without list prices on the price tape. They are source "xx3" and "xx4", where xx is your default. Example "xx3" could be 103. If you have a labor type that is "tied" to a non-matrix source, you most likely have it set to sell at list price. If list is blank it will prompt you for a selling price when you sell the part. It will also prompt the person who books the repair order for a selling price. Both people have an opportunity to change the price.

We went through this, its fun to figure out all the possibilities. You will most likely have individual issues pop up depending on how complex your setups are.

Enjoy!
drapp

Invoice pricing question

Postby jazdale » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 pm

If Drapp is correct about source xx3 and xx4 not having a LIST price, then the fix is quite easy.

Use MSSO (setup sources) and simply give LIST an escaltor, such as COST + 67

Reminds of Target sources in the 80's.
jazdale

Invoice pricing question

Postby Mike » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:17 pm

jazzdale's suggestion about the LIST price escalator is what I've used for years. It works very well and is easy to set up.

And yes, it is exactly like the old Target setup!
Mike

Invoice pricing question

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:37 pm

Gentleman,

At the risk of being redundant I must put this out there once more. Coming from the "olden days" we never had this but it works like a charm in trouble shooting. DPC will display how parts price calculation is working in any given scenario and it works really well. Plug in an Invoice/RO and the Part number and it will give you the matrix. It will also show overrides. Want to impress your Service Dept. tell them there is the equivalent (with Drive) on the Service side.

Cheers
cantfind122

Return to ADP Users Forum