Misc Charge issue with ADP

Postby jdub49 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:33 pm

We just initiated shop charges on our internal RO's this month. Upon review, I noticed that the MISC charge is not being included in the totals. It does appear in the total of the COST,SALE, & COMP TOTALS line but not in the final charge to the vehicle. If the RO is displayed in AGRI, the 6103 entry is zero. ULT is set to allow misc charges. ADP is telling me that the debit account in USS needs to be different from the sale account. I'm trying to explain that the entry to 6103 is a credit only to an expense account, therefore there is no debit. Their answer was to differentiate the sale and debit accounts, but that won't work because not all internal charges go to the same account number. In the mean time, sales isn't getting charged shop charges.
ADP says this is a bug, and that the only reason it works in CP payments is because it will follow the payment type to that account, either 225 (cash) or 220 (charge). There is no such process for internals, as there are so many accounts that could be dinged.
Has anyone else experienced this?
jdub49

Postby MovingForward » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 pm

jdub,

We are on ADP as well and all our internal work does get the shop charge. Looking at our setup in USS the sale account is setup, in our case 7193, and the debit account is blank for internal ro's.
MovingForward

Postby jdub49 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

That's what I thought the answer should be, but USS won't allow me to null that entry. Thanks for the help... I'm back after ADP
jdub49

Postby jazdale » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 pm

The shop charge debit does match the payment type. Since it is an internal, the debit may be an expense or an increase to the 240/231 balance of the vehicle.

To make this work, in USS, make sure it prompts for the debit account (and control if necessary), then you can type in NONE at debit account.
jazdale

Postby jdub49 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Thanks for the response... I went into USS, changed the debit and debit control number required prompt to yes and none for debit. This releived the in and out entry I was having, but now I have no MISC funds at all on the RO. What am I missing?
Source Company 2 2 2
10 Journal Number 30 30 30
11 Required Prompt NO NO NO
12 Tax Code DEFAULT NONTAXABLE NONTAXABLE
13 Sale(TargetCo&Act 2 6103 2 6103 2 6103
14 Required Prompt NO NO NO
15 Sale Control Number
16 Required Prompt NO NO NO
17 Debit 2 6103 2 6103 2 6103
18 Required Prompt NO NO YES
19 Debit Control #
20 Required Prompt NO NO YES
21 Labor Type Debit Account N/A NO NO

[This message has been edited by jdub49 (edited 08-20-2009).]

jdub49

Postby jdub49 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Ok, found the rest of the problem... The prompt in UOC for shop charges was set to NO on the op-code used on this RO. I flipped it to yes and miraculously, the shop charges appeared. All of the op-codes have the shop charge prompt set to NO, so we have some work to do!

jazdale and movingforward, thanks so much for your help!
jdub49

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:42 pm

Have you selected out op-codes that you may not want anymore or op-codes that you want to put charges on?
cantfind122

Return to ADP Users Forum