Functions on telnet screen

Postby partsman662002 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:36 am

Is there a way to choose which way a functions work, on either the "new" screen, or the "telnet" screen? I think once I stumbled across a way to change is, but I can't remember. When I use "CPO", it opens on telnet, and I can't stand telnet. I am on Web Suite 2007. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by partsman662002 (edited 11-03-2009).]

partsman662002

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:14 am

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

If you are asking how to change your view within websuite 2007, then try the following.

Desktop
preferences
then select either
w.e.b. suite menu -OR- advanced elite/user security menu

Those are the two views I am aware of in Websuite. Is this what you are asking?
Ichabod Farquar

Postby partsman662002 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 am

No, that didn't do it. It seemed to change everything to "telnet". In other words, when I use "CPO", it comes up looking like the "old" screen. I want to change it to look like the "new" screen. Every other function looks like the "new" screen.

partsman662002

Postby texaslp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 am

Not sure about CPO, but certain functions haven't been converted by ADP and automatically go to the old screen. Then there are the functions that can appear either way. The install crew told me "sometimes it gets confused."
texaslp

Postby partsman662002 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 am

It used to do the new screen. I could swear there was a way to change it. It does it on other logins, but mine has somehow changed.
partsman662002

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:02 am

texaslp is correct, some screens don't change regardless of which view you are in.

For the record I just tested CPO on my PC in both views. CPO looks completely different in each view on my PC.

I was accessing CPO from the parts xxx-I account. Try using a different account. It is possible that CPO looks different in accounting or service compared to parts.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby partsman662002 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:02 pm

I figured it out. On the quick launch bar, there is a box with an orange check mark, which says preferences, click that, then functions, and you can choose which functions open on new or old screens. Question now is, how did it get checked? I probably did it by accident, while exploring.

partsman662002

Postby texaslp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I had never seen that, so I learned something new today. But nothing was checked in my list, so I guess I'm still stuck with the ones that go back to GUI for now.
texaslp

Postby Ichabod Farquar » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:46 pm

I didn't know that was there either. Thanks I guess the day is complete I learned something.
Ichabod Farquar

Postby BestPartsManager » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Ichabod Farquar

Call ADP maybe they will give you a finder's fee for this information!!!!
Oops - they should know it.
BestPartsManager

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum