Switching from DealerTrack to ADP Drive+

Postby MovingForward » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Richard, I haven't dealt with ADP Drive but I do work with Websuite and don't have any experience with REAM. With REAM do the parts have to be under manual control, "MO" status in ADP? If not then put them in a source of their own and then set the status to "NS" or blank. You could then change your stock order setup to include that source and it would order how many more of those parts that are needed above and beyond what REAM has you stocking.

[This message has been edited by MovingForward (edited 07-25-2012).]

MovingForward

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:21 am

Richard,
If you are on RIM then the only way I know of is to increase the PerJob over at the RIM website. As per ADP all the BSL and stuff is put there by RIM, it's not anything you control.
Here is what ADP says:

Several fields ar no longer relevant when using GM RIM, the following is a list of the most often asked about fields, it does not include all of them:
BSL (best stocking level)
PAC (package quantity)
Extra (extra days supply)
BRP (best re-order point)
Mult (multiple quantity)
SS (special status)
Days Supply FB (full bin)
EOC (Economic Order Quantity)

The stocking levels of controlled parts are completely controlled by the RIM system. To determine if a part is controlled by RIM, run GMSC. Look under the heading 'GMQualified'. It will display 'Y' if controlled by RIM or 'N' if not. If it is a RIM controlled part, use DP option 2, check the on hand, then use the O screen to check any outstanding orders. RIM orders will have the letter R in front of the order number. If STK has not been run BSL will be the RIM "Stocking Policy QTY" . If you think the BSL should be higher or lower the issue must be taken up with GM.

Note: The BSL in the part number file is updated by RIM when the state code file is updated, however it is changed by STK to be what we would normally order, but no order is created by ADP for the RIM parts. This does look confusing because you may see one number and then later see a different number. To see the RIM "Stocking Policy Qty." one must look at the part number before the "next" STK is run.

I use WD ordering also, so I kick up my PerJob at RIM then RIM will send that figure to ADP and it will order accordingly.
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:29 am

As an add, if you want to control a part you have to go into the RIM website and take it off of RIM management, RIM will send a different state code to ADP then you can do whatever you would like with it.
Gerry Laughlin

Postby GMCANADA » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:51 am

Richard, I send in a QPO(CPP) almost daily. I am sure that ADP has a fix for this, but they can't because they are under contract by GM to not allow RIM approved parts to be ordered by the dealer. All your CPP parts should be in a separate source. Go into IRE, run a tockorder on that source. Print it. Delete the order. Now create a new order(supplemental)click Add Lines and type the numbers in. If you do it daily, 5 minutes is all you'll need. If you get stuck, post a question and I'll help out.
GMCANADA

Postby GMCANADA » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am

Do not increase the per job, (unless of course it is a real per job necessity)Do not permanently delete. leave the parts as RIM controlled. That way if you miss a day sending in your own order, RIM will still pick up your stockouts.
GMCANADA

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:13 am

GMCANADA,
I guess I am missing your answer. He is trying to order more stock on normally stocked parts than what RIM wants him to order, other than upping your PerJob in RIM or taking it off of RIM control I have not found a way to do that, in other words it's my understanding that whatever change you want to make you have to make it in RIM. So if you have a gas cap that RIM wants you to stock 1 and you feel you should have 2 how are you going to make that happen using ADP and not changing the cap in RIM.
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not sure what to believe. Either these people know NOTHING about how their system works, or they are all habitual liars.

I was told I could do a force order for my local ACD. When it gets here, I can't post it. My choices are leave it hanging, or delete it and post it manually. I really think that Drive came out of the oven a few hours early, or someone forgot to plug the oven in.
Richard

Postby YourVINPlease » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 am

It may be a bit old school of a way to do it, but if Richard were using PO/SST to place his RIM orders (not certain since I'm not GM aligned) he could either just edit line quantity under PO/Change or create an extra order...unless GM/RIM doesn't allow for such?

As to the posting issue, if PO/SST is what you're using, RA is where you go to post out the order Richard.

Once agian, not certain if this helped any, but I figured I'd throw my coins in.
YourVINPlease

Postby GMCANADA » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:07 am

Gerry, You are absolutely correct. I assumed he meant QPO orders only.
GMCANADA

Previous

Return to ADP Users Forum