Switching from DealerTrack to ADP Drive+

Postby Richard » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm

HELP!!!!!! I'm working on my conversion book, and I'm running into some problems trying to figure out phase-in/phase-out (due to nomenclature more than anything).

Anyone else done this and can help guide me, I'd appreciate it.
Richard

Postby FixedManager » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:48 pm

It's much, much easier and accurate. Go to function "IRO" and have fun.
FixedManager

Postby FixedManager » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 pm

It's much, much easier and accurate. Go to function "IRO" and have fun.
FixedManager

Postby Richard » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am

it's not easier.
Richard

Postby MovingForward » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 am

I went from ADP to Dealer Track and I feel ADP was much easier for setting up and using the matrix.
MovingForward

Postby GMCANADA » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 am

Richard, How are you doing with your set ups? Any questions?
GMCANADA

Postby Richard » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:33 pm

I got my set-ups done ok, I think. My big problems are (1) how to retrive an invoice from the cashier to cancel it. (2) how to make things go faster....it takes WAY too many clicks and F's to get anywhere. Arkona was MUCH faster. Posting an order is just STUPID on ADP
Richard

Postby MovingForward » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Richard,

Unless something has changed with Drive (we are/were Websuite) there is no retreiving a counter ticket from the cashier. Once you invoice it, it is done. At that point you have to do a credit memo instead of canceling it. Credit memo is very easy when you use the credit memo function. Alot of people don't use it and just generate a new invoice and do the credit on there. That is the hard way.
MovingForward

Postby GMCANADA » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:54 am

Movingf. is correct about credit memos. just put "CM" in front of the original invoice number. Even if there are 10 parts on the invoice you can pick which ones to credit and also have the ability to attach a restocking fee. By posting orders I am assuming a factory order. Sounds like you are using "PURCHASE ORDER". When we were installed, I had veteran ADP people here. They did not recommend using PO. That being said, there is a new versioN of Drive coming out. Not sure when. Perhaps they will improve the PO function. In the meantime, ask if you can turn it off.

[This message has been edited by GMCANADA (edited 06-13-2012).]

GMCANADA

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:32 am

I have never been so jerked around by a VENDOR. A Vendor is someone that we pay for a service, correct? If the service isn't working correctly, you talk to the vendor and they fix it.

I've had a issue with stock orders for about 3 weeks now. I can't order ANYTHING that is under "Manu Cont" ie RIM parts. Even though RIM has said many times that they don't care how many you want to stock, only the amount they approve are protected. I can't get ADP to understand this.I even called RIM yesterday, and they said we don't care how many you stock, or if you get them from GM or your local ACDelco house, only the quaninty we approve and that you buy directly from GM are protected; any beyond that aren't returnable under the RIM program.

So why Won't ADP let me order parts???? I am currently stocking out daily on several lines. I have 60 lines that I need to order, but I can't because ADP won't let me.
Richard

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum