Parts Kit / One price oil change

Postby drapp » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:08 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to bill oil and oil filter at one consistant price regardless of filter p/n or quantity of oil. We use ADP WebSuite 2007 and so far I haven't been able to perform this miracle. At another store I used R&R and parts kits made this fairly easy. ADP RO quote may accomplish this but it is very cumbersome. Right now the cashier is applying the coupon at "check-out" but this is causing a lot of expense charge back this is simply unnecessary and looks bad on the statement. I would like to do this simply and make it easy on all employees regardless of department. HOW ARE YOU DOING THIS? I have called support more than twice and haven't got there yet.

On a different note - regardless what the telephone recording says - not all clients "love service connect"
drapp

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:16 am

If you're unhappy now, wait until they force you to switch to Drive. (We call it Stalled)
Richard

Postby okpartsmanager » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:54 pm

The only way I know to do this is setting up picklist in SDL and a price code using fixed pricing
okpartsmanager

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:56 am

This is how I would do it (It has been a bit so you may want to call ADP to confirm I didn't leave any thing out)

Create a source for the parts you want to sell at a fixed price in MSSO. Move all fixed price parts to this source.

OSSA to set source account (review with office the accounts to be used or copy another setup) this step also needs to be done in -S USA.

PMU > Field Map > (the rest I'm fuzzy on) Map by Map and change list to not update.

PM - change list to the desired sell price on each part. (To change prices in the future redo this step)

OSPC - set price code by source. Select the new source you created and set all price codes that may be used on the RO to sell at list.

------------------
aka SBrittain - ADP - ActonCDJR
Our job is to give options. It is up to the customer to make the decision.

[This message has been edited by Stevenspeaking (edited 02-13-2013).]

Stevenspeaking

Postby steve@gmdealer » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

we have our goodwrench labor type(CPGW-customer pay goodwrench) set up to use price7. you do this in ult. then in batch change choose class 18360 for oil filters and change price 7 to whatever you want. Every time service writes an ro using that labor type, the pricing will be correct. You can do this for oil,brakes or anything else. The nice thing is that the "special price" only appears when certain labor types are used.
steve@gmdealer

Postby jazdale » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm

RO parts quotes are the best way to go.
You can build quotes with special names and pre-override the sale and cost so all 4, 5, and 6 quart oil changes have the same sale, but different cost.

Function PRO, at RO prompt, hit F6 to start building "unattached" RO quotes.

after you build them, go to FLR to mark these as permanent quotes
jazdale

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:29 am

To add to what Jazdale is suggesting to maintain the sell price remember to set the sell price to not update when running UPQ after the price tape.

Jazdale,
This is a good way to go as long as the manufacture doesn't change part numbers on a daily basis. Being with Chrysler I found that when a part number would change the new part number would be billed on the ticket with the set sell price however it would use the cost from the old part number. I found it to be to time consuming to delete and rebuild the unattached quote with the most current part number or sort through a long list of old/new numbers when adding a new number to the list. Just like an RO when a part is removed it still remains in the list.

------------------
aka SBrittain - ADP - CDJR
Our job is to give options. It is up to the customer to make the decision.
Stevenspeaking

Postby drapp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:57 pm

jazdale

I have looked at your way of doing this in the past. Unfortunately, I believe this is the only way to do it and have the inventories of filters and oil remain accurate on the system.

The fixed price fields are the way to go for some items and we do use them. I was really hoping to avoid making-up and managing all the RO quotes.

It just seems like there should be a more elegant way to do this. After all just about every dealer has to handle this somehow.
drapp

Postby jamiec1076 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:10 pm

The only way I can think of is to have Service make a certain pay type like they do for say warranty or internal, that way you can have it charge them out at 10 over cost or cost or whatever!! If all the filters are priced differently then it might pose an issue. With Nissan, we had basically 2 filters and they were the same price! But we just manually changed the prices. If say 70% are priced the same then you would just have to manually adjust a few of the filters and the oil would stay the same!
jamiec1076

Postby FixedManager » Sat May 11, 2013 11:47 pm

"steve@gmdealer" has it right. It's the simplest and most effective way to accomplish this task. It also has the advantage of not adding to your pricing exception report without creating more work at the counter level when billing.

As far as permanent quotes go, too many variables over time and nothing is permanent. If not managed properly this process can create PAD to G.L. variance over time.
FixedManager

Return to ADP Users Forum