EDS Electronic Parts Catalog - Parts Imager

Postby Matt Parsons » Thu May 11, 2000 11:59 am

Topic starter.
Matt Parsons

Postby Richard » Mon May 15, 2000 2:46 pm

Matt,

Recently I saw an ad for Online Parts Imager, but found out it was for Toyota/Lexus only at this time. I was also told that the GM catalogs were too big to go online. Has anyone looked into maybe putting the GM stuff on DVD? I am just getting concerned about the load time it takes to copy all the stuff to the hard drive of my server, and was thinking that maybe loading from DVD would at least speed up the process. Also, is there any possiblilty of maybe having the updates (and any corrections) Emailed as an attachment, rather than having to load CD's? Thanks !
Richard
Richard

Postby Phil Raubinger » Tue May 16, 2000 9:16 pm

Richard,
Those are all great questions that you have asked. EDS Parts Imager is currently analyzing many different solutions in order to effectively deliver parts/catalog information effectively and more efficiently to you the customer. As you are surely aware, cataloging data is not too large to house on the internet. There are many electronic parts catalogs and websites that are fully functioning via the internet with a very quick response time. This may in fact be a viable option in the near future for the next GM Parts Imager. EDS Parts Imager will be releasing the Toyota & Lexus data via the internet in July 2000. EDS' Automotive Retail Group is planning to bring other manufacturer catalogs and other dealer services to the web very soon. EDS Parts Imager is very excited to be the first to deliver a full featured robust automotive parts catalog solution via the internet.
To answer your last question in regards to DVD, we have looked into this option but at this time it does not seem to be a viable one for a state of the art delivery mechanism. You the customer would still have to deal with monthly data updates, mail delivery and a media format that is likley to change in the near future. All of these would be void with an internet solution.
Please keep an eye on our website www.edspartsimager.com for more up to date information on the latest in parts cataloging.

Sincerley,

Philip Raubinger
EDS Parts Imager
Parts Cataloging SME
email: phil.raubinger@eds.com
Phil Raubinger

Re: EDS Electronic Parts Catalog - Parts Imager

Postby jilan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:43 am

I am just getting concerned about the load time it takes to copy all the stuff to the hard drive of my server, and was thinking that maybe loading from DVD would at least speed up the process.,,,,,,!!!!!!!!!
kaleem
jilan

Return to ADP Users Forum