Cores on PartsLine Ver 2

Cores on PartsLine Ver 2

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 19, 2000 9:26 am

Anyone on Ver2, how are you keeping your core inventory straight? I had manual cores in process when we got the new version, and didn't start doing cores in the system until recently, so I have 5+ monthes of 'cores' in the system. Is my best bet to do a manual core return, then do an on-shelf core count to get straight? Or wait until inventory time? (Which is like 2-3 months away). I would love for my inventory dollars to be close to accountings, and it is very hard to try to do it as it is now.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 07-19-2000).]

Richard

Cores on PartsLine Ver 2

Postby EDS_FORUM » Tue Jul 25, 2000 5:12 pm

In order to keep inventory and accounting in sync between physical inventories, the user can perform a spot or selective inventory on specific bin location(s). The user can go to the Physical Inventory Menu and take Option # 1- Print Inventory Count Sheets. The user will then need to select Selective Inventory, which will allow them to enter the manufacturer code, stocking group code and bin location. Count sheets will print the on hand quantities, user can write in next to the on hand quantity the actual on hand amount. Once they have completed the count sheets, then they will go to the Work with Parts screen. To get to the Work with Parts screen go to the Parts Maintenance Menu Option # 1 - Work With Parts. The user will enter the part number, then place an A - Adjust Inventory next to the part number that he wants to make the adjustment to a window will display which will allow the user to enter the quantity and the reason for the adjustment. After all adjustments have been made the user can run the Price Extension Report located on the Report Menu Option # 5. Users utilize this report to make necessary adjustments to accounting.

Gene Richards
Portfolio Manager
Automotive Retail Group
EDS_FORUM

Return to ADP Users Forum