Parts Imager

Parts Imager

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Nov 08, 2000 3:03 pm

Matt,
Yesterday we loaded our latest update to the EDS Parts Imager for General Motors and discovered that we no longer had the ability to "cut" a vin from ICS and "paste" it into the vin section of the catalogs. I called support and they said they had recieved numerous calls on this and that they were looking into why some braintrust in programming made the change and if and when it would be fixed. Since I do programming I am sure I can develop a external fix, but I would rather not expend the energy if it is something that may be remidied fairly quickly on EDS's end. Can you provide any additional info so I know whether to procede on my own or wait.
Thanks
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Parts Imager

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 08, 2000 4:17 pm

I was looking at the posts the other day and saw the ones about Bell+Howell...I sure am glad I have PI2....I own my PC's, and we have our own network...I like the update, just wondering what Broadcast Sheets are going to cost...would be nice to have for Light Duty, but since we aren't a Med Duty dealer, I can't see doing it just for that. I like PI2, would love to see how the PI3 offering is going. (HINT HINT)

Oh...does PI2 intergrate with DMS@net? If so, can I get information on how to do it?

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-08-2000).]

Richard

Parts Imager

Postby Matt Parsons » Mon Nov 13, 2000 9:50 am

Gerry, I am sorry I was unable to respond for a few days, as I have been out of the country on business.

I am not sure why this change has occurred, but will look into it and will post our response here.

Matt
Matt Parsons

Parts Imager

Postby EDS_FORUM » Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:55 am

Gerry,
I went in and double checked the issue last week when I first heard about it. This feature has changed ever so slightly. You can still copy and past the VIN from PI2 to your ICS, however you can only with keyboard functinality; ctrl-c for copy & ctrl-v for paste. This was not an intentional programming feature. We now have our Sytems Engineers looking into the issue to have repaired in an upcoming release.

To also answer Richards question on integration with DMS@Net. We do provide seamless integration with this application as well.

Happy Clicking,

Philip Raubinger
EDS Parts Imager

------------------

[This message has been edited by EDS_FORUM (edited 11-14-2000).]

EDS_FORUM

Parts Imager

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Nov 14, 2000 12:08 pm

Philip,
Using a mouse click to set the focus to the VIN editbox (it will not accept the focus without a mouse-click) and a ctrl-v to paste will work as you said. I got tired of waiting though so I rewrote my program. I had always used the cut and paste method in my program to get the VIN out of the ICS and into the VIN editbox automatically. The change in your software was a catalyst to me to eliminate that method and find a more eloquent solution. Anyway we are now able to get the vin out of the ICS screen and into the VIN box with one keystroke, without using the cut and paste method, so it all worked out well.

Thank You,
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Parts Imager

Postby Richard » Tue Nov 14, 2000 7:35 pm

Good, can you tell me how to do this? I would love to change Parts Over to DMS@net....we just upgraded almost all of our PC's and this would sure give us the fully upgraded "look"
Richard

Return to ADP Users Forum