Windows ME

Windows ME

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 29, 2000 10:59 am

Just to let everyone know, Windows ME does NOT like the Rumba Software that we use to connect to PI2...... It is not an all at once thing, we installed ME on 2 of our PC's as an experiment....they did GREAT the 1st few days....then I started having RUMBA Engine failures, and then system lockups. I finally uninstalled ME. On the 2nd machine the honeymoon lasted a few extra weeks, but today the we kept having RUMBA get locked up, and finally made the decision to Uninstall on that machine too. It seems that WIN 95, with all it's flaws is the best platform for PI2 at the current time. But I sure love trying new things......
Guess that's why I Beta Test everything I can get my hands on!!
Richard

Windows ME

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:36 am

Richard,
Just for general info, we have been using this particular setup now for about 3 months with no problem at all. The main difference may be that we are running Win2000 pro on our server.

Thanks,
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Windows ME

Postby Richard » Wed Nov 29, 2000 12:11 pm

Are you using Rumba, or EDS@net for connectivity to the inventory side?
I would love to try that particular configuration, but I am guessing you have to use IBM Client Access, and I would have to dump RUMBA off the PC 1st, as those 2 don't play well together Either and I hate not having a backup to an experiment....Let me know, I would love to know how you are doing this!.

[This message has been edited by Richard (edited 11-29-2000).]

Richard

Windows ME

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Wed Nov 29, 2000 5:48 pm

Richard,
I forgot you are on EDS. We are on ADP for our inventory management, so we use Rumba as a terminal emulator.
Thanks,
Gerry Laughlin
Gerry Laughlin

Return to ADP Users Forum