ADP Export to CSV?

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby flakrat » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:16 pm

Howdy,

Is there a suggested method for exporting data from the HISTORY file to a CSV file (or Excel) that will work in both Reflections and Web2k?

We tried to use RPX, but this apparently only works in Reflections, and some of our sites do not have Reflections installed.

We've also run into problems with RPX where an RO that has 15 jobs associated with it, some of the data will actually overwrite data other data.

Not to mention that the RPX CSV format is pretty confusing to read (i.e. an RO has all jobs and their associated data on one line, rather than each job for an RO on a separate line the way Reynolds does it.)
flakrat

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby Matt Parsons » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:59 pm

I will find out...
Matt Parsons

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby flakrat » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:16 pm

Thanks for looking into it.
flakrat

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby jazdale » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:18 pm

History is a tricky file to work with.

Each line is embedded into a single field with multi-value attributes. I don't think its a case of erasing data, its a case of excel limitations of a cell value.
My only known answer at this time, is a product from car-ink called flat-file-generator. It takes the multi-valued field and separates it into individual items.

W2k is progressing nicely in trying to dupicate the features of Reflections. Though it stil falls short, the web2006 release comes very close to matching features.
jazdale

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby osterday » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm

Do you have to have the ADP version of Reflections to use RPX to run reports? We're working with dealers to import vehicle inventory into our system. I've got Reflections but not the ADP specific one. I emailed ADP for information on how to buy it as well as info on the API, but haven't receieved a response yet.

Thanks...
osterday

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby jazdale » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:20 pm

Oster,
You do have to have the ADP version of reflections for RPX to work. There is custom software for the downloads and customization for the F-keys to work.

jazdale

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby flakrat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:22 pm

Is there an export data to file function in Web2k that will work with the history file?
flakrat

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby Matt Parsons » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:23 pm

Web2006 (latest release of Websuite) has some interesting functionality to address the question posted.

There is a new function called Enhanced Report Generator that allows you to pull up, display, modify, print, and export all your RPG reports in a total point and click, drag and drop format. It also allows you to customize the report by right clicking with your mouse. This new drag and drop is pure Microsoft.net technology and replaces the need for ADP Reflections as it relates to RPX.

To get to Enhanced Report Generator:

A)Go to the top of the screen in any Websuite desktop/workbench, click on Reports and select Enhanced Report Generator.
B)Find the RPG report your interested in and click View a Report.
C)The RPG report will display on your screen Its completely customizable Try printing it to a laser, customize with your mouse (right click to add or suppress columns), click on PDF to create a document that can be emailed to another person or the Excel icon to download it into Excel.

Although Web2006 is in General Release and is a NO CHARGE upgrade, its a fairly large system load so I would make sure the entire dealership is aware and prepared for the system load if you need to do this step.

In addition, all of the Service and Parts desktops/workbenches have been converted into this new Data Analysis Format to allow for maximum flexibility.

Hope this helps.
Matt Parsons

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby osterday » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 pm

Do you have to be a dealer to buy ADP Reflections? If not, any idea about the best way to buy it from them? I've got a CSV import routine that's working for R+R, but now need to get CSV from ADP.

Also, I couldn't find any info on "flat-file-generator" from carink.com - there's something about a service, but not a product. If that doesn't need to be installed at a dealer's site, that might work well for us.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by osterday (edited 09-05-2006).]

osterday

ADP Export to CSV?

Postby flakrat » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:48 pm

I seem to remember someone telling me about using VB Script to export data. Is this possible? I can't seem to find anything in the ADP docs about it.
flakrat

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum