remote access of websuite

Postby robc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:48 am

Does anyone know if ADP allow through the VPN or GetWired Remote Access a remote user to login to a webSuite screen? This might eb a dumb question but whenever I do remote logins it is at a terminal screen, and I need to have access to a webSuite screen so I can use DSDA and run other reports.

Right now my only solution for this has been to use a third-party remote log-in software (like GoToMyPC), which is a pain sometimes and not nearly as secure and stable as ADP's login should be.

Thoughts from anyone?

== Rob ==
robc

Postby bosslady » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:24 pm

I believe WebSuite must be installed/licensed to each PC. I am currently doing some remote work for a Dealer who is providing me a licensed copy of the software. If you do not have a copy to install on your PC, you will only be able to access the system "the old way".
bosslady

Postby slapenta » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:59 am

Rob,

I also utilize remote access to WebSuite2006 as described by "bosslady" with VPN.

Steve LaPenta
slapenta

Postby Matt Parsons » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:58 am

The system can be accessed remotely through a solution commonly referred to as HRAS (Hosted Remote Access). All ADP Sales Associates should be familiar with this offering and the steps that need to be taken to activate a user.
Matt Parsons

Postby robc » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Ok - so if I have a licensed copy of WebSuite on the remote PC and have the normal VPN dial-up service I can log-in and have that level of functionality vs. the normal reflections menu.

Yet given what ADP probably charges for another license and the fact that I would be using the license to interface with many stores, I am not sure that solution will work as easy as using a "GoToMyPc" solution.

== Rob ==

robc

Postby deboss » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:18 pm

Rob,

The disadvantage would perhaps be that GoToMyPC ties up a computer at the store when you are connected. But then again if ADP charges for an additonal license I would assume you would need one for each store you are accessing and they most likely not sell you a license they would require the dealer to purchase it. Selling access to an APS server is much more profitable over time then selling on site servers.

------------------
deboss

Postby robc » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:11 am

I can imagine and for the dealer staff I would likely wholehearted suggest the ADP solution for less conflict issues, better security, etc, etc. Once someone has set up the VPN, I can easily connect with the Cisco client software.

But because I need to get up and running on a clients PC in a matter of hours and need to do multiple clients it might be I am asking more than the system is designed to do. Normally I can just do everything I need through the Reflections terminal screen - except DSDA and display documents and saving them as pdfs. Which is why I need the webSuite interface, because it is the only way I know to get to DSDA in pdf view form.

Yet I know there is an interface built into the system, because if you call ADP tech support, they can log-in and take control of the users PC to fix something. That is what I would love to have access to

== Rob ==

robc

Postby ron graves » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:05 pm

You can download the websuite software inhouse, save it to disk. If you already have Web2000 running now. Take it home and load it. You must connect thru the adp vpn connection. If you need to know the address to download from let me know. It is a a bit strange on how the do it.

Ron
ron graves

Postby teriz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:53 am

I need to access ADP off a laptop out internet is constanly having problems but I do not have VPN or the software disk. Is there any way to download this software or access ADP
teriz

Postby Jon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:28 am

You can get the software from the websuite server by hooking your laptop up at your dealership. By itself this will not help you much, you need a way to get to your ADP server from the Internet. It used to be that you could log in via websuite if you knew the IP address of your ADP server but that is no longer the case. Now ADP has your server shielded by Network Address Translation (NAT), this makes your network a lot more secure but keeps you from getting in via the Internet as well.
As noted in the older replies, you need HRAS. This will allow you to access your system from the Internet using a VPN (virtual private network) connection that will be secure and supported. It's a little slower as a result of the VPN connection but still a LOT faster than using Reflections and your dial up modem.
There is a cost for HRAS (no surprise there) but you should be able to make a business case for having it and it can be a life saver - I have been able to help service writers on numerous occasions who needed to get a correction on an RO when a customer came in late to pick up their car. HRAS will support up to 5 users (I think)and it is relatively cheap to add the second, third, etc. once you are set up. Call your sales rep for more information or you can email me if you have any questions, itmgr AT stny DOT rr DOT com.
Jon
Jon

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum