OUTSIDE PURCHASES

OUTSIDE PURCHASES

Postby bobbb17037 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:51 pm

Hello all
I am a Parts Manager For a GM dealer that has ADP web suite 1000 and I am looking for a report for monthly outside purchases and a obsolence report by months 6,9,12,18 mo. no sale. I have found the Inv Management report but it's broken into 4-6,7-9 months etc.
bobbb17037

OUTSIDE PURCHASES

Postby jazdale » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:57 pm

bob,

I'm new to web1000 also, so, be gentle with me.

The Transaction report has a list of types of transactions to choose from. One of the items is DIRECT SHIP - NO ORDER. This may work if you don't use direct ship for your factory ordered parts.

The closest I could find for an obs report was the factory return report (doesn't mean a better report doesn't exist).

However, I did play in the report writer using the PARTS HISTORY DATA FILE. I was able to produce a report with entry date, last sale, last receipt, returnable, sales-summary, on-hand, on-order, etc. Seems like a real easy report generator to use.
The best part was being able to import the report into Excel where you can customize with summaries, graphs, totals, age brackets, etc.

Good luck.

jazdale

OUTSIDE PURCHASES

Postby Gran Sasso » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:57 pm

I don't have web suite, so I have no idea what is built in, but if you want to know your obsolence its pretty easy to just write an english statement or create a report in RPG for it. Remember that you need to have months no receipts in there too because if you just do six months no sales it may show you parts that you have put into inventory recently. Here is a basic example that will list all your GM parts with no movement in six months in order of months no sale and display them on your monitor. (P) will send it to your line printer. You can use SUM instead of LIST and it will just display the dollar amount.

LIST PART-NO. DESC BIN O.H. MNS MNR COST SO TOTAL OH.VALUE WITH O.H. GE "1" AND WITH O.H. NE "DEL" AND WITH O.H. NE "MEMO" AND WITH MNS GE "6" AND WITH MNR GE "6" AND WITH MANUF EQ "GK" BY MNS (T)

If you don't add the lines for excluding memo and del parts, you will get a TON of them in your list.

Unfortunately there is no way to import this into excel, that I know of.
Gran Sasso

Return to ADP Users Forum