10:43 PM

Postby jazdale » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:33 pm

This is one of the nicest report generators that I have ever worked with. i like the way it builds the report as you move along

Try the "Printed Invoice" file. It should have most (if not all) of the data you need to analyze your accounts.

I didn't find a way to detail-suppress the detail for a one-line summary of each customer. You may need to move it to Excel and use the Subtotal function.
jazdale

Postby Matt Parsons » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:25 am

Bobby44, if you want to drop me your contact info (name, dealership, etc), I would be happy to have our director of client services engage in this issue with yiou and see if we can come to a better resolution.

I can be reached at matt_parsons@adp.com
Matt Parsons

Postby spwilkins » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Bobby44
You have found out one of the not so great things about websuite1000.
Prior to ARG's involvement, websuites less than top of the line capabilities were made very tolerable consistent, friendly, helpful, and understanding support. Since ARG's takeover (which I am sure Matt will later deny) support is being pulled out of Birmingham, updates are not occurring as rapidly, fixes that are coming are not getting fixed, and product change requests seem to be a thing of the past.
I will say this, if they ever get report generator to work well enough that they are willing to support it, it will be nice....one day!
Ok Matt....your turn.
spwilkins

Postby Matt Parsons » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 am

Seth, everyone is entitled to their opinion. The good news in the end is that we continue to support a forum such as this where everyone has the right to post their opinions and questions and concerns...not all the system providers are willing to take such a 'risk'.

Just from my perspective (yes as expected I have opinions on this subject as well)...The Alliance Group consists of members from many areas of ADP Dealer Services, that span across numerous locations. We constantly monitor and survey our client base with regards to their satisfaction with both the products and services we deliver. ADP Alliance (w.e.b.Suite 1000) consistently delivers the highest levels of client satisfaction in both product and service versus all the other ADP platforms.

That doesn't mean there is not room for imporvement, as there always is. We continue to develop new capabilities into the software, add new robust offerings like integrated IP based phones and digital marketing, as well as enhanced OEM communications. w.e.b.Suite 1000 is an important component of the ADP line-up and we see solid growth in our market sectors.
Matt Parsons

Postby Bobby44 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm

Matt,
Thanks for your help. Someone from ADP contacted me. She told me that I cannot get any sales totals from Report Generator, as they are not in that field. That was it. She told me all that is available would be a canned program that can run up to ten w/s account numbers at once, and see figures for those accounts. But any wholesale account reports cannot be done. I would hope that this will be changed at some point. But they few glitches that I have found in the system and reported them, have been put off until the next update, whenever that will be. Thanks

------------------
Bobby44

Postby spwilkins » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:11 am

Matt,

How much of the client satisfaction scores are based on the strong relationships your CTA's in Birmingham have with your customers? Will those scores stay the same as you water down what I believe is the best part of your product - Birmingham?

Also, when will your product be able to supply real dealerships with real solutions without needing you to contact someone on there behalf or without pacifying the uninformed with the old "next update" line?

The sales force that knows this product is non-existent, overworked, and incompetent. Most of your dealers are used car lots, which means they are happy with F&I but have no concerns about Parts or Service applications. What do high satifaction scores mean to the users here when most of your users do not use Parts or Service? Its another hollow self serving statement and you know it.

One reason the others may not seem willing to take the risk ADP is taking here may be they dont have the same risk. I am willing to bet R&R or UCS or Elite have never asked there customers to go a year without the ability to run a phase in or phase out report. Or, to hit enter 157 times in order to get a report. Do Parts Mangers for other DMS's need to log into service to get cell phone numbers or extensions from the name file? Has R&R or UCS or Elite come out with an update that makes determining if a customer is due for an oil change or tire rotation virtually imposible to do at write-up?

You and so many others from your organization should be embarrassed to be in this forum, a forum dominated by Parts and Service department personell, and imply that your product is in any way competitive with other DMS providers. Its an F&I, Payroll, and Accounting program. Thats not such a bad thing is it? After all, thats what ADP really is, payroll, right?
spwilkins

Postby texaslp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:28 am

I had no intention of getting involved here, but I almost choked on my coffee. ADP payroll(on the DMS side anyway) is definitly not ADP's strong suit.
texaslp

Postby texaslp » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:28 am

I had no intention of getting involved here, but I almost choked on my coffee. ADP payroll(on the DMS side anyway) is definitly not ADP's strong suit.

My guess/opinion based on your comments and my limited knowledge of WS1000 is that you're suffering from "you get what you pay for". 1000 I believe was designed and intended to give smaller dealerships an affordable product. Perhaps shame on whoever sold it your dealership, but also perhaps shame on your dealer who may have decided on the cheaper product against advice.

ADP definitly has flaws, but then I don't think ANY of the DMS products out there are as good as they should be. It's too expensive in terms of hardware, training and business interruption to make a switch and they all know that.

[This message has been edited by texaslp (edited 10-10-2008).]

texaslp

Return to ADP Users Forum