ADP Websuite remote access

Postby robc » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:30 pm

I am used to using reflections to dial into ADP, but how does one get through using a websuite interface? Namely I need to use DSDA remotely. The dealership I am working with seems to have all the bells and whistles.
robc

Postby texaslp » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:55 pm

It's called HRAS and you have to purchase it.
texaslp

Postby MovingForward » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:57 pm

robc,

One way to do it should be through remote desktop connection. You should be able to use your pc and log onto a pc that has ADP on it through remote desktop connection and access ADP that way.
MovingForward

Postby robc » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:42 pm

I have seen stores that are using GoToMyPC and the like to do remote access. However, the store I am working on bought RAS connections, etc. but their IT guy left and no one knows the process to get in remotely via websuite.

It would seem to me if you had another router on the network you could open up a port, set a VPN tunnel and connect to the IP of the ADP server, but I have not fooled enough with it to figure it out.
robc

Postby helpers » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:27 pm

My IT director set me up on remote desktop months ago, and it has been a Godsend. I'm not a technical person, but the ability to log in to my desktop remotely came with Windows XP, but the ability to do it securely was built in by another product. Best thing I ever could have hoped for.
helpers

Postby drapp » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:09 pm

We don't have DSDA. However, we use WebSuite 2007. I still use Reflection to log on remotely through a dial up modem.

The dealer should still have a dial up modem for emergency support access. If they do, use that telephone number with your reflection and give it a try.
drapp

Return to ADP Users Forum