Product change request

Product change request

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:05 pm

If you have a product change request pot it here. I understand that they need a group of people to ask for the fixes before they start on them. Matt, please correct me if I am wrong.

So if you have a product change request number list it here with the description of the request. We can help each other reach the numbers needed to get things moving.

Steven

------------------
Its like a big lifesize chess game.
Stevenspeaking

Product change request

Postby Stevenspeaking » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:06 pm

PCR# CRI000227009

Accounting problem
A part X is quoted in Month A.
There is a price update at the end of month A for part X that now has a new cost.
Part X is ordered after price update in month B from the saved price quote.
Part X on the invoice will still have old cost.

If any price field doesnt match the price tape a warning message (at the least) should pop up to let you know. This is going to create an unknown variance.
Stevenspeaking

Product change request

Postby drapp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 pm

This problem has been out there for years. Good luck getting it fixed. I have complained about it since late 1996 early 1997.

Same thing happens if you create a SOR from a repair order or invoice. Month end runs and prices increase / decrease. Price on existing SOR does not change - even though part has not been billed yet.

Part number changes cause the same issue.

I have report RSPC set up to run in the jobstack twice a day. This way I see the report in the morning and at noon. It gives me a fighting chance to catch the problem before the customer is gone. Still lose sometimes.

What I would really like to see is ADP put a listing of all PCRs on dealersuite so we - the dealers who use and pay for the system - could see what others are complaining about. Ideally this listing would have the ability for us to "attach" ourselves to the problem. Thereby allowing ADP to know how big the problem really is.

I have requested many PCRs in the past. I don't think any have ever been implemented. ADP used to have cook outs for employees once in a while. I suspected they started the charcoal fires with the paper the PCRs were written on...
drapp

Product change request

Postby texaslp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:26 pm

drapp I like your suggestion of ADP posting the PCR's with the ability of other customers to say, "yes we'd like to see this change also." or even "no, we actually like the way it is."
texaslp

Product change request

Postby helpers » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:50 am

When exporting info into an excel spreadsheet, there are problems with sorting that spreadsheet. The process needs to be cleaned up so we don't have to monkey around so much with the spreadsheet before it will sort the way we want.
For example: to get account detail sorted by $$ - in websuite, it will only sort by $$ within the same journal #. I export it so I can sort by the $$ no matter what journal # it's posted in.
helpers

Product change request

Postby Stevenspeaking » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:04 pm

Drapp,
I hope that the problems will be fixed. I don't think we are asking for the world just what we have to work properly. At the least, any dealer who may consider changing to ADP will at least know what to expect for a level of performance from it.

Texaslp,
Posting the PCR's here is a simple way to get this done. We know ADP is here. So this is our voice hopefully being heard.

If you take the time to post your PCR's I will take the time to call and add my name to your request. Let's work together.

------------------
Its like a big lifesize chess game.
Stevenspeaking

Product change request

Postby drapp » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:13 pm

I spoke with ADP this morning, actually they called me back about this issue.

ADP defect numbers 227291 & 227293. Both defects apply to the same problem. There are just two different (verified) ways of getting there. These defects relate to WebSuite 2007 and the loss of the cursor (windows mouse pointer). You know when you are using ADP switch to another screen / program and then come back to ADP only to find your system won't function until you first click within the ADP window, then click the task bar, then click the ADP window again. This is the defect.

I have been waiting for over a year to get this fixed. ADP insisted a year ago that the problem was within my PC. Now with the latest system upgrade it seems that the problem is much more widespread. Maybe in a few days/weeks/months progress may be made. Until then I will continue using reflection software.
drapp

Product change request

Postby texaslp » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:27 pm

No it is not your PC, and yes it is annoying.
texaslp

Return to ADP Users Forum