Deleteing parts from ROs

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby 69mach1 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:43 pm

here is a copy of a RPG report i use,
when ever any part is zero-ed or minused of a RO or in voice it shows up here
also works well when some one cant find a part that is billed out then they go and zero it out, if they forget to put it on daily pad to check you can lookm here

Number of Copies 1
Type of process SORT File being accessed TRANS cols 49
--------------------------- 1. item list ---------------------------------------
No item list.

--------------------------- 2. selection criteria ------------------------------
WITH TRAN LT "0" AND WITH TRAN EQ ""

--------------------------- 3. sorting parameters ------------------------------
BY PART NUMBER

--------------------------- 4. output fields -----------------------------------
BREAK-ON PART NUMBER BIN TRAN INVOICE PRG POSTING POST

--------------------------- 5. report options ----------------------------------
ID-SUPP
--------------------------- 6. report heading ----------------------------------
69mach1

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby cdnpartsguy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:01 pm

I have worked for dealers in the past that look at the number of transactions a person has with the same weight as the amount the transactions are worth. I agree with this completely, if someone gets phone calls or tech requests all day for oil filters or axle seal how is that their fault?
cdnpartsguy

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:20 pm

Trans holds a ton of stuff. A good RPG is worth its weight in "fill in the blank here"
cantfind122

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby MWING » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 pm

This a perfect example of why individual commission pay plans are counter productive.I don't know that I would want this person on my team no mater what the pay plan is.
MWING

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:16 pm

I am not sure I understand how the RPG reports work. Is there a way too look at a list of returns. It seems one conuterman is getting all the returns charged to him.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby jazdale » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:46 pm

69Mach
Your RPG either has special dict items or you copied something wrong. TRAN is not a standard dict item in the TRANS file.
If that was the QTY field, it would be OK.

partsmann
Please expand on your question.
If the Report shows that all returns are done by the same counterman, It is either true, or the report is built incorrectly.
Have you double checked with the detail?

On a different thread, I showed how to build a report using the PARTS file where people zeroed out (returned) a sale.
jazdale

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby gmcgrew » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:27 pm

Partsman it could be a few different possibilities.

1. Nobody else will do the returns because they don't want their numbers to go down.
2. Everyone is using the new guys number for same reason as above.
3. The person in question is specifing a lot of wrong parts.
4. The person in question sells the most parts so has the most come back.
5. The RPG is not built/working correctly.
6. Someone is removing someones RO sales and reselling under their number.

A quick way to verify if the RPG numbers are correct is to pull up employee history in PDA. Under E you can input the employee number and look at the last 12 months sales, gross, and returns. One side note if they are RO returns they go back to the original counterperson. Invoice returns can be charged to someone else. If you have a lot of RO returns for one counterperson verify if someone is removing parts and reselling under their number.
gmcgrew

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby cantfind122 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:57 pm

I believe GMCREW is right on. If I remember correctly the Trans file only holds the time, date, program (OE or Pro) the sequence of the transaction and port. Operative word there is port. Since these are TIPH ports anyone could be on it. I cannot say for sure but I believe PDA.TRANS holds the employee number and as GMCREW points out could give you the document you are looking for. Good luck.
cantfind122

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 pm

I didn't get the RPG report to work, because I don't know how. I have not been on ADP all that long. This is new to me.
I think numbers 1,2, and 6 in gmc's response likely apply here.
We have a counterman who is trying to inflate his numbers in an attempt to get a raise. It was brought to my attention that the productivity report shows this person with almost NO returns, and another one with a high amount of returns. The person was spoken to before, and it did not go well. Now it seems things are going back to the way they were.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby gmcgrew » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:35 am

Without knowing RPG the information can still be pulled with PDA. If you use option A (Analyze Employees) with the employee numbers in question. It should give you a list of invoices/ro's that they have billed parts on. Do a couple screen prints and see if the same RO's come up. If they do use option T like scotstrong stated early in the thread. You can also use the A option to look at returns. If the returns were taken off and rebilled see who did it and why. With the A and T options in PDA you should be able to build a case if what you think is happening is happening.
gmcgrew

PreviousNext

Return to ADP Users Forum