Deleteing parts from ROs

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi. Is there a way to see if one counterman is deleteing parts from an RO, and charging them back on his own number? I think there may be something fishy going on here.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby scotstrong » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:07 pm

What DMS are you on?
scotstrong

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:28 am

Sorry, my mistake, ADP Websuite 2007.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby scotstrong » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:03 am

In function PDA, you can search in option 'T' (transactions) by part number and it will show if a part was billed more than once. It will show the invoice number/r.o. billed on more than once. If you select the invoice number and F2, it will show the detail for that invoice/r.o. It will show one line with a sale of "0" (added and then removed) and then a second line with an actual sold qty.

Other method is to use option 'R' (reference number). Type in your invoice or r.o. number and it will show all the detail for that invoice/r.o.. Will show same multiple entries as the other method.
scotstrong

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:59 am

thanks, i'll try that, and see what i come up with. i've been told someone takes expensive items off of ROs that other people have sold, and charges them out under his employee number to make his numbers look better, the funny part is, he won't make anymore money doing this.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby Rich Gilardi LLC » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:26 am

Parts professionals have been doing this for many years. Can anyone guess the motive?
Rich Gilardi LLC

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:54 am

All I can think of is that someday this guy may try to show the owner the numbers and try to get a raise.
The guy in question has a lot of little tricks, he deletes SOR under other people's numbers so he can bill them out. If a tech asks for something expensive, he practically knocks the other countermen over trying to get to it, but if someone needs a key or an oil change, he's not so quick.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby gmcgrew » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:20 am

To put it simply the counterman in question is stealing from your other people. What they are doing may not make a difference right now but if it comes to a lay off or promotion they will have numbers to back up any claims they make. I would do 3 things.

1. Inform the counterperson that you are aware of what is going on and that if the practices continue they will be grounds for termination.
2. Pull a sample of all of the parts billed by the counterperson in question and trace back the transactions to figure out what the questionable transactions look like.
3. Monitor the situation to make sure it is fixed.
gmcgrew

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby partsman662002 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:26 am

You're absolutely right, G. I am going to use your advice.
I am not actually the parts manager, but the assistant manager. I have had conversations about this with both the Parts manager, and the Parts/ Service director. The person in question has been spoken to about this before, (and several other things) and is difficult to talk to, to say the least.
Thanks.
partsman662002

Deleteing parts from ROs

Postby gmcgrew » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 am

Partsman make sure that the parts manager and/or parts and service director give their blessing and that they agree with cutting the counterman loose if he continues on. If you put him on notice and everyone knows it and nothing happens it will take all of your authority away and can create the same habits in other people when they see that there are no consequences.
gmcgrew

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum