Prepaid SOR on repair orders

Re: Prepaid SOR on repair orders

Postby adphonda » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:09 pm

How about this one. I want to have my parts pre-paid when the customer calls in. They offer me the VISA over the phone. How do I bill this out so that when it comes time to roll the part on to the RO, I can do just that, roll it?
RECAP:
Pre-Pay part before customer or car is here
Roll part into the RO when customer and car is here

Make sense?
adphonda

Postby Ironchild » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:29 pm

Can't.....if prepaid on an invoice then invoice SOR would just get filled and have nothing to do with following RO. Could make up a repair order for prepayment of parts only but then that will create potential issues with the service department (hours per ro, etc...) If started on a parts invoice then needs to finish on a parts invoice. Same with a repair order. No way to tie it to a repair order when pre-paid. At least that is the case on our system (Websuite 2007).
Ironchild

Postby satguy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:02 pm

I order the part on the RO, not prepaid, and then I sell the part as a negative on the same line on the RO. Part is paid for. When it comes in, the SOR gets filled, No RO to open.
satguy

Postby Ironchild » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:04 pm

Hey satguy...interesting way to do it. When you say the SOR gets "filled" do you mean closed not filled? Does this affect sales history on a part? I'm thinking it doesn't if ADP doesn't consider the ordered non-prepaid part a sale. I suppose the customer copy of the repair order will show the part number twice but only billed once correct?
Ironchild

Postby DMagenheimer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Hey Y'all!

Since you can't do a traditional Prepaid on an R.O. with out it creating issues and making things more difficult this is what I instruct.

Sell the part into a negative, then highlight the part you want to order, press "F2" and go into the detail, and put the quantity in the fill, order, sold, and back-order fields. It's a kind of back door way of doing this. What is does, is sells the part, and creates and SOR. Then when the part comes in, your NOH if filled and all you need to remember to do is close your SOR.

Your SOR will be tied to the orignal RO with customer and vehicle information, it's sold as a "prepaid" without being the traditional prepaid.
DMagenheimer

Postby Torgy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:28 pm

if you have not... go to CDK support and search for: Fill prepaid special order requests on closed repair orders. This will help explain how to close prepaid's on RO's without opening a new RO.
If you can not find it I did print it off and would e-mail anyone that may want a copy.
Torgy

Postby nansorbdarb » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:29 pm

If it was pre paid on an RO, and you can not roll it into an invoice because it was a service only customer. Just go to SOR, and change the customer number on the SOR to your "generic cash over the counter" customer number, save it, then roll it. No issues.
nansorbdarb

Previous

Return to ADP Users Forum