Prepaid SOR on repair orders

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 am

Jay,
In another post you talk about a monk banging his head on the wall, well guess what, you're doing the banging. Getting the ability to prepay parts on SOR's was something parts managers asked for for years, when you called or asked about it ADP's response was to act like you were the first person to ever ask for it and offer to put in a PCR. Finally after many years they added it, but did not give us the ability to close them "properly". Just another freakin workaround is what their suggestion is. Just once I would love to hear someone from ADP say "we screwed the pooch on that one boys but we will get right on fixing it."
I am struggling not to get whiney, these are difficult times for all of us. We are being squeezed by our manufacturers and our customers, do you know how many times a day I hear about the fact someone can buy a part cheaper on the internet? My point is how come we are not turning to the people supplying our technology needs and demanding a better product at a better price just like our customers are doing to us?
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby Jay Daniels » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:03 pm

Gerry,
You impress me as a pretty well informed person. What is your opinion as to why ADP leaves all the clutter on the screens with part numbers with zero quantities, etc. I invite you and anyone else with input to go back to the "clutter thread" to comment so this thread is not sidetracked or hijacked.

------------------
It is a good thing when seeking perfection to learn to accept excellence as a suitable alternative. It is not a good thing when seeking excellence to accept mediocrity as a substitute.

Do not hesitate to expect of others what others expect of you (excellence).

Jay Daniels

Jay Daniels

Postby Jay Daniels » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:31 pm

Stevenspeaking,

You said "Sorry I still struggle to do the amount of work I used to do before ADP. I still have alot of learning to do."

How long have you been utilizing ADP as your DMS? What was your previous DMS? Have you ever heard the expression "walked all the way around the block to get next door"? I still think it takes at least ten times the number of keystrokes to accomplish all your tasks with ADP as it does with *&*.

------------------
It is a good thing when seeking perfection to learn to accept excellence as a suitable alternative. It is not a good thing when seeking excellence to accept mediocrity as a substitute.

Jay Daniels

Jay Daniels

Postby Jay Daniels » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 pm

exmopar,
"Let me guess, he is worried about CP RO's and how it will affect his hours per RO. On an average month, one work order is going to be so miniscule to changing that number that it becomes irrelevant."

As I recall you indicated that you were employed by an "automotive group". Our dealership is a memeber of a rather large group (over 100). There is a lot of incentive pay out there. What if a S/A wrote ten RO's per month and it put him below his quota.... what if he lost $500.00 of expected pay? What if he missed an incentive that paid + $ 500.00? What is wrong with expecting a DMS to give a department adequate tools with which to complete a given task without involving a different department? Why must one walk all the way around the block to get a resolution when it lives just next door?

------------------

Jay Daniels

Jay Daniels

Re: Prepaid SOR on repair orders

Postby NissanWill » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:51 pm

This is something that we have went round and round with also. We are a relatively small store, and all numbers matter to use. Trying to be fair, we have allowed as much to be placed on an RO as possible, to help the S/As as they get paid on Part Sales also. This is becoming more and more an issue, as we have an aggressive Accessory discount practice in place that is paying off in a big way. We are currently number 1 in accessory sales in our region and the smallest store in our region. This isn't going to change.

The only way we see that it works, is that when a part is ordered on an RO, it comes in, and the customer wants to install or take it themselves....like paint, floor mats, truck nets, and stuff like that, we simple give the part to the customer. It is pre-paid, so we don't care at that moment. Thank them, shake their hand, and have them out of there without waiting around.
We note the RO# and customer. We have made an Excel sheet for just this. It notes RO, Customer, Part. We give these at the end of the day when things are calm to service, they then have the time to open new ROs under that vehicle, and we F7 fill them, and inform service to close them again.

Only simple, pain free way we have come to find doing this, and we do it at least 10 times a week. I wish ADP too would stop adding flashy buttons and stop changing colors and fix and add simple stuff we could use.
NissanWill

Postby Richard » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:00 pm

jazdale wrote:. The counter-action (pun intended) would be to sell a prepaid counter ticket and have the customer pay 2 bills (RO and CT) with the cashier. Equally annoying with added inconvenience to the customer..

And they do not get labour warranty when you do a prepaid on an counter invoice versus RO.
Richard

Postby NissanWill » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:30 am

And they do not get labour warranty when you do a prepaid on an counter invoice versus RO.

True, that never once crossed my mind.
NissanWill

Postby iPatriciaJohn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:47 am

ye su can do this easilyyy
iPatriciaJohn

Postby STEVEJ » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I was told by adp that you either have to open another ro(which is stupid,and a waste of time),or minus it off in job PS.
STEVEJ

Postby Richard » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:26 pm

the best enhancement is to get on a system other than ADP/CDK. I have never seen a system that allows the amount of utter BS, and just security holes a mile wide. If the service advisor chooses to tell parts that the part should be prepaid, and gets the parts ordered, and then leaves the RO open, guess what....no prepaid happens and when the customer gets called and says I took it elsewhere, or i don't want the repair, guess whose gets stuck with the parts?
Richard

PreviousNext

Return to ADP Users Forum