Prepaid SOR on repair orders

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:27 am

I have a part that was prepaid on a repair order. The customer wants the part but decided against us installing it.

Is the only way to relive the part from inventory to write a new RO? Can this be done any other way so it does not effect the RO counts. Our service dept is thinking of having customers prepay labor also.

I may have screwed things up worse by manually closing the SOR. Now the parts show on the system but I don't have them. I am going to manually adjust inventory to reflect the parts are not here anymore. What may also need to be done on the accounting side to fix what I screwed up?

------------------
Its like a big lifesize chess game.
Stevenspeaking

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:44 am

Steven,
I am waiting to see ADP's answer to this.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Postby OK PARTS MANAGER » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:48 pm

I also would like to see ADP's response.
OK PARTS MANAGER

Postby Ironchild » Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:54 pm

We've run into this before and have found the best (and maybe the only way) to get the part relieved from inventory is to make up an RO with a line that reads "Fill Prepaid Part Only". From what I was told if a part is SOR'd on an RO, it has to be filled on an RO. When we have a customer prepay for a part on an RO when we know they will be picking it up, we just sell it then make up a manual SOR to get it ordered. When the part comes in we receipt it and then close the SOR once the customer picks up the part. If you close the RO SOR's before filling them you may end up either doing adjustments or showing unnecessary sales to get the part removed from inventory. Hope this helps!

------------------
"You want a 710 part?"
Ironchild

Postby OK PARTS MANAGER » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:45 pm

It would be nice if we could fill an RO prepaid like a counter ticket.
OK PARTS MANAGER

Postby exmopar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Ironchild is bang on - the ONLY way to fill this is to open up a new RO. It would be nice to just be able to fill, but I think this is so that the part shows on both RO's - one as a charge, one as filling the prepaid at no charge. What screws me up is seeing the parts total on the new RO having $$$, but the line having none.

ex

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:32 pm

Iron/ex,
I kinda figured out that that is how I have to do it from now on. But, other than correct my inventory is there anything that the accounting dept has to do on there end to clear the prepay? I can fix the inventory. I know I screwed it up by closing the SOR. I just don't want to screw up the office.

Stevenspeaking

Postby exmopar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Just as a thought - if you only closed the SOR, open a manual SOR with the vehicle ID (last 6, 8, or 9, whichever your store uses) attached. Hopefully you have not adjusted inventory, but if you did, just re-adjust back. Open a new RO and see if it will let you fill the PrePay. It's worth a try - you would only have to void the RO or close the RO if it didn't. Just make sure if it does "bill out" with the F7 key, then check under Service PFC that parts total is $0.00. I think this would still work because you have not closed the PrePay yet. Let us know - I am very, very curious to see if this would work.

ex

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?

[This message has been edited by exmopar (edited 07-14-2009).]

exmopar

Postby Ironchild » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:42 am

Good idea ex! I too am curious if that would work.

------------------
"You want a 710 part?"
Ironchild

Postby jazdale » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:00 am

In my trials, It appears Ironchild has the only viable solution.

The original pre-paid RO special order must be closed and can only be relieved on another open RO.

Once the 2nd RO is created, using F7 will attach the prepaid part to the invoice and will bill out correctly at zero dollars.

Tell me more about the concern of RO counts.
Also, How often does this happen?
jazdale

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum