ADP Accounting issues

ADP Accounting issues

Postby djs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:36 pm

We are having problems with where parts are being charged to on service tickets. Parts might go to an internal ticket when it was a retail customer. Accessories might get credit for a warranty part on an engine job. A tire got credited to accessories on a customer pay ticket. What schedule, screen, ? can I go to to fix these kinds of issues? I have called ADP and they don't have anyone that understands both parts, service and accouting that can help.
djs

ADP Accounting issues

Postby texaslp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Take a look at RLT.
texaslp

ADP Accounting issues

Postby djs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:53 pm

Where is RLT? Do I get there thru parts or the accounting side? Novice here so step by step might be helpful. Thanks for any help as ADP has not been helpful...yet
djs

ADP Accounting issues

Postby texaslp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:07 pm

RLT(report labor type) is on the service log-on. It will give you a report of each labor type and the corresponding accounts. ULT(update labor type) is to make corrections.
texaslp

ADP Accounting issues

Postby djs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:21 pm

Thanks. I'll give that a try.
djs

ADP Accounting issues

Postby djs » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:25 pm

I looked and I don't believe that is what I'm looking for. When I look at the accounting copy of an RO, the parts are sometimes being credited to the wrong account. Is RLT where I can see all the setups for this type of problem and correct it? It appears it dates back to when GM setup the service parts account back in 2003 or 2004.
djs

ADP Accounting issues

Postby texaslp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:50 pm

RLT is all I know of. You might want to post this question in the Parts forum.
texaslp

ADP Accounting issues

Postby OK PARTS MANAGER » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:45 pm

Run RSA in the service account. This will show you the accounting for every source and every labor type.
OK PARTS MANAGER

ADP Accounting issues

Postby OK PARTS MANAGER » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:48 pm

Also look at your part sources for each type of part, ie oil, tires.
OK PARTS MANAGER

ADP Accounting issues

Postby texaslp » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Also, try calling ADP and asking for your account supervisor. They should be able to find somebody who can tie it all together for you.
texaslp

Next

Return to ADP Users Forum