Un-attached quotes

Un-attached quotes

Postby J Deere » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:52 am

jazdale, I tried unattached quotes today in an effort to not have to 'tag' and 'drag' one item at a time from the line on which it was quoted to the line on which it was sold. If you have a dozen or more lines or parts involved, it might be worth it but if you don't have but a few, you might as well waste the time tagin' and dragin'. Either way "sucks". I from a quote you could, instead of 'tag' and 'drag', you could simply place the job letter in front of the part and have it go to that job..... That would be 'really cool'.

------------------
J Deere
Yes my daddy had a sense of humor.
J Deere

Un-attached quotes

Postby J Deere » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 am

Is anyone out there really looking at this or is this just 'good therapy' by letting us VENT?

------------------
J Deere
Yes my daddy had a sense of humor.
J Deere

Un-attached quotes

Postby partsman662002 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 am

I wish there were a way to tag multiple parts and drag them. If there is, I don' know about it. Our training was too short and quick. We had alot of problems with the transition. I think I have learned more on my own than I have from the ADP people.
partsman662002

Un-attached quotes

Postby exmopar » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:29 am

Another way this can be done in on the -S account through PFC. You can move parts that have been billed out en mass. I do not like doing it this way, and feel ADP should fix this problem. As a matter of fact, I will start a case on it right now!!!

ex

------------------
No, i'm sure you said left, right?
exmopar

Un-attached quotes

Postby cantfind122 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:30 pm

To understand my postition you would need to see my resume (too boring) so I will pose this as I always do regardless of manufacturer or DMS provider and with an open mind because I enjoy working to find solutions to situations.

I am confused by the reference to unattached quotes. I realize this may be a software nomenclature understanding so be kind. If you create a quote on an RO (attached) you can tag the parts that you deem necessary and leave the rest. If you create a PERMANENT quote (unattached) and tag the parts you need it does the same thing. I realize there are semantics involved. The understanding of quotes and kits differs between R&R (UCS) and ADP. Can you give a scenario to describe the transaction. I must add I have seen alot of DMS' that do what I think you want to accomplish so this is not an arguement but more of an understanding.
cantfind122

Return to ADP Users Forum