Home pc requirements

Home pc requirements

Postby Stevenspeaking » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:58 pm

leaving out getting through the firewalls and connecting to the server (pretend I brought it to work to use there). What are the minimum requirements to set up a computer for ADP. I have a one year old computer, vista home premium, and high speed DSL (faster than at work). What software upgrades would I have to make to get it to work from home.
Stevenspeaking

Home pc requirements

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Steven,
Why don't you take a look at logmein.com. I use a similar product,gotomypc.com, but logmein has a better price, free. If you go that route it really does not matter what your home PC is ike.
Gerry
Gerry Laughlin

Home pc requirements

Postby drapp » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:51 am

I assume Gerry is referring to software that allows your home PC to connect directly to your work PC. If so, this is about the only way to remotely connect to an ADP system (over the internet) without spending a lot of money.

We currenty use WebSuite 2007 and ADP does SELL a product that will allow remote (over the internet) access. For us, it was too expensive. Therefore out of the question.

I used to connect remotely using Reflection software. You may have several copies around your store. If you do, this software will allow you to connect remotely using a telephone line and a modem. You will "dial in" on your ADP system's diagnostic modem. This connection will be somewhat slower but it does give you access.

One more thing to consider: Does your dealership approve of remote connection? Depending on your level of access to system data there could be a security issue to consider.
drapp

Return to ADP Users Forum