ADP IO Command

ADP IO Command

Postby gmcgrew » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:10 pm

I have never worked at a store that uses IO for emergency purchases. I can see the benifit of using it and also some of the pitfalls. The biggest problem is having people do it different ways. I receipt all emergency purchases and verify lost sales on all outside purchases. This gives me the ability to makes sure pricing and sourcing were done correctly. Also I only adjust the inventory using DS if I am removing a part that I returned or find a descrepency in my part count. Using DS for emergency purchases doesn't leave any trace of why you had an extra part to sell and looks like your count was off not an emergency purchase.
gmcgrew

ADP IO Command

Postby jazdale » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 pm

ok - thanks for finding the option number

old - Do not use DS for purchases. This records as a return sale. With the ability to track the vendor/refernece as OK mentioned, it shouldn't take too much to train all counter people how to do an IO correctly. Use the nightly override report to track accountability.
If you still don't like IO, then definitely post an Emergency reciept in function PR.
The MGR report and stocking performance formulas will be more accurate.

cant - I believe what you're saying only refers to the small window of float time when a dealer converts systems and has sold the part on the old system, but opened the same RO on the new system.
jazdale

ADP IO Command

Postby cantfind122 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:44 pm

Jaz,

Once again you are absolutely correct. I/O checks and writes to different attributes in Part-No. It does not check on hand nor does it adjust it. It does not write to History either. I did not check on emergency purchases but it sounds logically it would record it.

Academic question which will create alot of fun. Should it be recorded as a lost sale?
cantfind122

ADP IO Command

Postby jazdale » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:51 am

cant

I had to perform an IO on a test system to verify what happens.

It will prompt for vendor and invoice number if the setup is turned on.
It will record an EMG receipt
It will record as a history sale
jazdale

ADP IO Command

Postby oldpartsman » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

Thanks for all the input here. I did some checking and was wrong about using ds at our old dealer. We did use PR, but used IO 99% of the time. The new Dealer sells the part and lets it go negative then post everything at the end of the day? That just seems like double work to me after being used to the IO command. There inventory is way off here and we are working to correct it and the problems that caused it. There are just 3 of us on the counter running $200k+ per month and am looking for all the short cuts I can find. IO was a big time saver at our old dealer and worked just fine for us. Jazdale are you saying it records sales history also?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by oldpartsman (edited 09-02-2009).]

[This message has been edited by oldpartsman (edited 09-02-2009).]

oldpartsman

Previous

Return to ADP Users Forum