Dealerline User Guides online or downloadable

Postby aksales » Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:40 pm

Just a quick little question for Mat here. I was wondering if EDS offers the Dealerline User Guides on CD, or somewhere online. I am thinking that PDF format would be the way to do it. I just think that it would be very helpfull to have a search function when you are looking for answers. Just curious.
aksales

Postby Matt Parsons » Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:43 am

Thanks for your question.

The answer is sort of....Let me explain.

Several months ago we launched what we call our Dealer Download Center, which allows anyone to go out and pull information from our website that includes items such as documentation supporting release content, Parts Version 2, etc. Go to www.edsarg.com to access the download center. We have not gone back and digitized all of the older manuals such as Service and Accounting. The Documentation team is however evaluating ways in which to do this.

With this said...here comes the sales pitch part of the answer. All of the user documentation and help associated with DMS@NET (our graphical version of DEALERLINE XL) is available on-line and is available at anytime while you are in the application. It will even tell you how to perform functions, step-by-step.

If you are not familiar with this offering, please let me know and we can send you a CD that shows you the differences between Green Screen versus Graphical. Please also note that DMS@NET will run on your current system and you can literally deploy it one desktop at a time - the only requirement is a PC. Thus, you could be running DMS@NET on the managers desktops or in customer facing areas, and other areas that still are using Green Screens of emulation can continue to use the non-graphical version. We specifically developed it this way so that customers could migrate at their own pace.

Hope this helps.

P.S. sorry for the delay in responding, I was on vacation last week.

[This message has been edited by Matt Parsons (edited 03-04-2002).]

Matt Parsons

Postby aksales » Mon Mar 04, 2002 11:52 am

Thanks for the info.

-Jason
aksales

Return to ADP Users Forum