Virtual Private Networking

Postby Richard » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:44 pm

Matt, have your people experimented, or implemented a VPN for EDS@Net, and/or PI2?
I have a building we use for used car repairs, and I need to put a PI down there, but over the last few years, the Twin-Ax cabling to the building has become damaged, and rather than go to the expense (320 feet of cable, which is why we can't just pull a CAT5) to rerun a slow cable, my local computer vendor is recomending we put in a VPN. This way, we can add a networked printer, and later on, another Techline Device. Any information would be helpful.

------------------
Richard

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:26 pm

Richard, the answer is yes. I am just getting the right person(s) to answer your question in detail. Will respond ASAP.
Matt Parsons

Postby MarkAllen » Sat Aug 24, 2002 1:17 pm

Richard,

We actually have a solution for VPN that is available to our clients, called DealerPath. DealerPath offers turnkey Internet connectivity, including firewall, site filtering, email, and VPN (among other things). We have clients using the VPN to run DMS@NET from virtually anywhere that they have access to the Internet.

I'm not aware of any testing we've done with Parts Imager... I'll have to check on that one. My Portfolio Manager for DealerPath will be back in the office next week.

Mark

MarkAllen

Postby gz51rp » Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:02 pm

Richard,

We have not physically certified the Parts Imager Application to run through a VPN connection, but our technical folks see no reason why it wouldn't work as long as you had the necessary bandwidth to display the illustrations. We defiently would not recommend a dial-up connection. A DSL connection or above should be fine.

Have you thought about running fiber between the two buildings. This would give you more than enough bandwidth and provide you a direct connection to the host. We currently offer LAN Integration Services, which includes Fiber Installations. If this is of interest, please contact your local sales rep for more detail information regarding this offering.

Mark H
gz51rp

Postby Richard » Fri Sep 13, 2002 2:11 pm

Actually, that is what we are doing to our used car shop (fiber Optics), but what I am wanting to do is to be able to access PI2 from home, and be able to look up stuff for an internet sales site that I am planning.
Richard

Re: Virtual Private Networking

Postby Gennyswiss » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:18 am

Yes, I have used VPN in my device. But when I installed to use it in my iPhone and tried to connect it with the iTunes it showed iTunes Error code 590624. And day by day many errors are showing up. What shall I do now?
Gennyswiss

Return to ADP Users Forum