WEB2007 Install Problems?

Postby homesleym » Fri May 16, 2008 8:59 am

Anyone have problems installing the new WEB2007 on XP machines? Win2k went ok but having some issues on XP.

------------------
homesleym

Postby Matt Parsons » Tue May 20, 2008 5:30 pm

What types of issues have you been having? Have you called the support center for assistance?
Matt Parsons

Postby drapp » Tue May 20, 2008 8:20 pm

It is easier to "pull" the files from the server than use the install disc they sent you. Also you don't need all the files they tell you about in the install documents. I have done this a few times, sometimes several times on the same PC. Unfortunately I am not a work now, if I remember I will later post the exact file names and how to get them from your server. I would post my email but I get so much junk now its insane.
drapp

Postby homesleym » Wed May 21, 2008 7:42 am

Yes, support worked on it with me and remotely for most of a day and refered it to the PC group on 5/16. Have not heard anything since then. Program appears to load, puts icon on desktop but when you try to access it you get:

System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (0, 0). --- GT System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent()
at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderDMSlist.Read3_ArrayOfDMS()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
at wsLaunchApplication.InterfaceToMenu.GetDmsList()
at wsLaunchApplication.InterfaceToMenu.SetupDefaultDms()

I am hesitant to load on any more XP machines if it won't allow access to the program. My question was just a general one and if you all found it a more difficult load than WEB2006.

------------------
homesleym

Postby Matt Parsons » Fri May 23, 2008 9:22 pm

The tech support staff at ADP suggests the following.

For some reason the users server.xml did not build correctly. My suggestion would be to have the user delete the following folder and relaunch:

C:\Documents & Settings\Userid\Application Data\ADP delete that entire folder and it will rebuild on launch.
Matt Parsons

Postby homesleym » Sat May 24, 2008 6:06 am

Thanks, Matt, I'll give that a try.

------------------
homesleym

Postby X476 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:40 pm

Didn't have any problem loading but MAN did it slow my computer down. I have checked every thing I can but I guess 2 gig of Ram is not enough.
X476

Return to ADP Users Forum