Need help with an english statement

Need help with an english statement

Postby codelphi » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:39 pm

I am having trouble trying to find the correct english statement to perform what I need. Is there a function that would allow me to easily access sales figures for the last 6 months only? The current requirement is to only grab items that have at least 3 sales in the last 6 months. Also along a similiar line if such a function does not exist, is there a way to dynamically search the sales figures for variable months?
codelphi

Re: Need help with an english statement

Postby aksales » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:09 pm

What are you currently using to pull your report? Do you have an ENG statement or an RPG report already that is not working or is it a canned report? If you already have an RPG/ENG report reply and paste the report info in and lets see what we can do to get ya going. :mrgreen:
aksales

Postby Gerry Laughlin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:21 am

Is this for one store or for a number of stores? I could write a couple dict items that you could sweetalk ADP into adding to the part-no. file but they would only doing that for one store (with some begging).
Gerry Laughlin

Postby codelphi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:27 pm

We are connecting through an ADP Elite terminal window and using the current english statement:

LIST PART-NO. PARTFORM MANUF ID-SUPP SS MNS MNR YRSL BSL O.H. O.O. BIN COST SO JUN MAY APR MAR FEB JAN DEC
^M
WITH MANUF EQ "TO" AND WITH YRSL GE "5" AND WITH MNS GE "0" AND LE "4"

then once we receive the report we have to add the values for the last 6 months and wash only the pertinent information from that. Obviously if we can wash the information prior to receiving then it will save us time. As for the number of stores this one in particular is for a group consisting of around 13 stores with the same specifications, but they are not the only stores that have this specification.
codelphi

Postby codelphi » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:22 pm

I had tried to use the following statement

WITH DEC GE "1" OR JAN GE "1" OR FEB GE "1" OR MAR GE "1" OR APR GE "1" OR MAY GE "1" OR JUN GE "1"
but even though it recognizes each month in the list field it does not recognize it as a sort identifier
codelphi

Return to ADP Users Forum