Special Orders = Nightmare on Drive

Special Orders = Nightmare on Drive

Postby Richard » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 pm

I've have several different ADP people (trainers, ect) come though in the last year, and NOT a one has had the same answer to this. We've been ordering SOP's on Invoices and RO's, and it's causing problems. On Invoices- it leaves a ZERO balance invoice that never gets cleared. On RO's, if they close the RO, they can't look on FAST Lane to see iff the part has arrived. We used SOR when we 1st went on the SOB of a system, but I seem to remeber it had issues too....

Can anyone give me a clue on how to make this run correctly?
Richard

Re: Special Orders = Nightmare on Drive

Postby drapp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:36 am

I wish I could help you. We use SOR but we are on WebSuite 2007. We have no trouble with it.

In WebSuite - When you order from an invoice and close the invoice the SOR will stay open using the invoice number. You can "roll" the SOR into a new invoice which will close the SOR (old invoice number) and create a new invoice (new invoice number). Are you "rolling" the invoices or manually creating a new invoice and manually entering the special ordered part number?

If you are manually creating an invoice: The next time try S123456 (where 123456 is your SOR number) at the invoice prompt and see what happens. This is how we do it in WebSuite - unknown about drive...

You can do the same with a manually created SOR: Just use SM12345 ( where M12345 is your manual SOR number)

SORs that are not "rolled" must be manually closed or they will show up in some interesting places. Sometimes under some very specific circumstances they may even order again.
drapp

Postby nansorbdarb » Thu May 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Richard wrote:I've have several different ADP people (trainers, ect) come though in the last year, and NOT a one has had the same answer to this. We've been ordering SOP's on Invoices and RO's, and it's causing problems. On Invoices- it leaves a ZERO balance invoice that never gets cleared. On RO's, if they close the RO, they can't look on FAST Lane to see iff the part has arrived. We used SOR when we 1st went on the SOB of a system, but I seem to remeber it had issues too....

Can anyone give me a clue on how to make this run correctly?

I just ran into your issue on accident. When you order a part from an invoice, DO NOT PRINT IT. That will close the invoice with a 0 balance (if you did not prepay). If you need to print it for what ever system you have for your parts department, print the SOR card and not the invoice. If you do print the invoice and it goes 0 balance, no big deal because there is still a SOR card saved from it. Just roll the card into an invoice when you want to charge it out. Invoice number is 47223, so the SOR card is 47223, roll it by typing s47223 as the invoice number. (if the original invoice is closed and not accessable.)

As far as the fast lane goes for repair orders, since you order from the RO and not from a manual card, the SOR card will be numbered after the RO and still tied to the service advisor. From the fast lane, service advisors can look at recieved special orders instead of open ROs w/parts. Then they can just sort by SA# and pick out there orders.

At my dealership, I print the recieved SOR cards every morning, stick one half to the part and give the other half to the service advisor. (my advisors do not even use the fast lane, they use their stack of SOR cards) They can then add it to there stack of cards and add notes to it ect. With this, the service advisor has a physical form of representation for how many parts they have on the SOP shelf, as long as they don't throw them away till the repair is done. Or in my case they give the card to the tech to exchange for parts at the parts dept.
nansorbdarb

Postby NissanWill » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:28 pm

If you print it off a Invoice, like to give a copy to the customer, or retain for your SOP file like we have, when the part comes in, customer comes back to counter, put a "S" in front of the Invoice number. That will fill it for you, and it will leave your Fast Lane.

As for entering RO SOPS, please someone explain this to me also. On drive, the only way I have been able to do this is to ask the Service Writer to open a ticket in that customers name like they were coming back in for a repair, so I can then go in and fill it.

This is a pain, as a lot of the time, we will have a car in the shop, getting a repair, and the customer will come to us and ask to buy a accessory or whatever and place the bill on their outstanding RO. This is all good, we order it as a "P" Pre-Paid, but when it comes in, the only way we can close it is to bother the Service Dept. Plus this does not always work for some reason.

I would place everything on an Invoice, but as my writers also get paid on parts sold, we like to share the booty and help them by putting all parts we can on an RO also.
NissanWill

Postby Richard » Mon May 11, 2015 8:56 pm

NissanWill wrote:As for entering RO SOPS, please someone explain this to me also. On drive, the only way I have been able to do this is to ask the Service Writer to open a ticket in that customers name like they were coming back in for a repair, so I can then go in and fill it.

This is a pain, as a lot of the time, we will have a car in the shop, getting a repair, and the customer will come to us and ask to buy a accessory or whatever and place the bill on their outstanding RO. This is all good, we order it as a "P" Pre-Paid, but when it comes in, the only way we can close it is to bother the Service Dept. Plus this does not always work for some reason.

I would place everything on an Invoice, but as my writers also get paid on parts sold, we like to share the booty and help them by putting all parts we can on an RO also.

I have a case open with ADP/CDK about this very topic. One of our advisors noticed if he didn't close the RO and have his customer pre-pay, the part STILL got ordered, so he was perfectly fine with pre=pay, since he knew he wouldn't close the RO. he told all his other SA buddies, so he wouldn't be the only one in trouble when we caught him. I find this a HUGE GAPING SECURITY HOLE, but CDK says it's not their issue, that it's an internal problem. I say why do you have Prepaid as an option then? We have a conference call tomorrow, I'll let you know how they weasel out of this.
Richard

Postby Richard » Tue May 19, 2015 3:37 pm

The prepay function isn't even for parts, it's for accounting. The only way to break out prepaid special orders is to use a different priority code such as PPD. This STILL will not stop you from ordering a part that's not Prepaid, it just forces you to spend more time checking each SOR line so marked. I'm so frustrated with CDK. I wish we had DT back, at least it worked.
Richard

Postby farfinator » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:44 pm

ON INVOICES:
You must go back into the invoice and answer the prompt to fill the order by typing "F". Thant will both close the SOR and relieve the inventory.

ON RO's:
You must open a new RO (the assumption being that it would have to be installed) and the same is true there, fill the order and the SOR will close and the part relieved from inventory.

If you never fill the orders, your inventory will carry the erroneous on hands forever, and your inventory value will be skewed.
It is also of value to recognize that the Prepays that are on your shelf and have not been picked up and relieved, represent a skew that should be accounted for on your month end reconciliation.

8-)
farfinator

Postby CharliMackerras » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:13 am

stick one half to the part and give the other half to the service advisor. (my advisors do not even use the fast lane, they use their stack of SOR cards) They can then add it to there stack of cards and add notes to it ect.
CharliMackerras

Postby Willy856 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:18 am

This is amazingly nice and not all that awful post...You shook posting it...Thanks a significant measure for posting it....!!!
Willy856

Postby Torgy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:28 pm

go to CDK support and look for: Fill Prepaid Special Order Request on Closed Repair Orders
Torgy

Return to ADP Users Forum