ADP Drive Customer CSV Export

ADP Drive Customer CSV Export

Postby cturcot » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm new to ADP and don't use it for my position in the internet marketing department to often. We have an advertising agency that will remotely connect to our pc every so often to pull a CSV file containing all of our customers info for the next months mailers. They do it so quickly I've never been able to pickup exactly what steps they take to get to the file. Can someone please let me know what steps are needed to accomplish that?

Thanks,
Chris
cturcot

Re: ADP Drive Customer CSV Export

Postby aksales » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 pm

Chris,
I imagine they have an RPG report built and are using the function RPX which runs a report and then prompts to download into Excel. Another thing they could be doing is just running an English (RXR) report right to excel download. I have used both and both are good for different needs.
aksales

Re: ADP Drive Customer CSV Export

Postby drapp » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:43 am

cturcot is correct they are likely running an english statement.

Call your third party. They should be more than willing to give you the exact statement they are using. They may be required to give it to you for privacy reasons. Have them email it to you. Every space and letter is important. You can then cut and paste the statement into english and see exactly what they get.

Be sure you understand what the statement will do prior to running it. If you see LPTR at the end of the statement be very certain what you are asking for because it will print somewhere within your store. If you have a large customer file you could kill a few trees.
drapp

Return to ADP Users Forum