Phase In

Phase In

Postby MannyM » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:37 pm

I just a question In Regards to Phase in Criteria we are Using ADP and our Current stocking Criteria is 3 in 9 (Which is 3 months with sales/demand in 9 months

Someone suggest... 3 sales/demand regardless how many months with sales as long as its within the 9 month period

Is this possible?
MannyM

Re: Phase In

Postby davez26 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:03 pm

I am not sure of the question.
ADP uses a rolling 9 mth period, so if sales are in mth 1 and 2, and the next is month 9, that is 3 in 9, if sales months 1, 2 and 10, nope, that is 2 sales in the rolling 9. It takes the number and looks back 9 months.

Maybe rephrase the question?
davez26

Postby partking » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:53 pm

If I get the question right:
You get a hit 8 months ago, another 7 months ago and 7 months of no activity until a new hit in current month. Is it going to phase in? Yup. Do you order one? Maybe. The statistics imply 4 sales a year. That's probably good enough odds to say yes and stock it. Exception; if the item is real expensive, or very bulky, or non-returnable for some reason.... I'd look for a 4th "insurance" hit before stocking it. In that case, I'd make it MO and watch it for a while.
partking

Postby NissanWill » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:31 pm

We use 3 and 12. In and 1 and 3 out.
Works for us, out fill rate off the shelf is 96% and we have been at it only a year at this dealership.

How long have you been using your current rule set and what is your goal on inventory size? You looking to expand Collision or Mechanical wholesale? These are the questions IMO that you should be answering before you look at how fast you want to open your arms to parts Phased In
NissanWill

Return to ADP Users Forum