Price code changing on on invoice/RO

Re: Price code changing on on invoice/RO

Postby FixedManager » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:44 pm

To use it in the command prompt it must be turned on in the setups. Do you need to do a lot of changes?
FixedManager

Postby GregW » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:54 pm

FixedManager wrote:To use it in the command prompt it must be turned on in the setups. Do you need to do a lot of changes?

We do get quite a bit of 'can you help us out' from service......

What would really be nice would to be able to change line-by-line like on ReyRey......
GregW

Postby FixedManager » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:07 pm

I absolutely can help you, but you will need to do a lot of work to get this fully integrated and functional. My assumption because you asked about both repair orders and invoices that a lot of your issues are due to set up. Making price exceptions should be an exception, not the rule. You as the department manager should set the prices, not the employees, but if your department makes a lot of changes your daily exception report must a nightmare to resolve.

When an item is priced your DMS looks at the price code of the customer record, the parts source, the individual part record, and the price matrix. All of these settings need to work together and with a little research, thought, and planning you'll be able to make everyone's life easier.

Making price exceptions should be an exception, not the rule. You as the department manager should set the prices, not the employees, but if your department makes a lot of changes your daily exception report must huge.

Please contact me offline: FixedManager at hotmail dot com. I will be happy to help you.
FixedManager

Postby GregW » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:14 pm

FixedManager wrote:My assumption because you asked about both repair orders and invoices that a lot of your issues are due to set up. Making price exceptions should be an exception, not the rule. You should set the prices, not the employees.

When an item is priced your DMS looks at the price code of the customer record, the parts source, the individual part record, and the price matrix. All of these settings need to work together and with a little research, thought, and planning you'll be able to make everyone's life easier.

No, the issue is not with the parts people..... it is with service..... they are quoted a price and then either a tech forgets that he needs something or a service under quoted somewhere and we get the phone call....... "hey, can you help us out".....

and quite frankly, on our high dollar items we do not use the dealer list price all of the time. when it gets over a certain amount we generally use GM list.....

We do have our settings for matrix, etc. setup.... it is when service 'needs help'
GregW

Postby FixedManager » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:29 am

GregW wrote:[No, the issue is not with the parts people..... it is with service..... they are quoted a price and then either a tech forgets that he needs something or a service under quoted somewhere and we get the phone call....... "hey, can you help us out"......

ADP cannot help you with this one. Both department managers need to get together and discuss how to handle this and develop a transparent process for all to follow. Employee mistakes will happen but if we keep covering it up my Service and Parts managers will never know the true cost of these errors. You don't know what you don't know and cannot get better without knowing where you are deficient. These types of pricing issues should be billed off according to your companies policies: advertising, policy, supplies, technician accounts, etc.

Mistakes will happen and as long as we learn from them I will not get upset with the employee. When I see a certain Service advisor or Technician hitting my policy account I expect an explanation and many times it becomes a learning tool, sometimes for me as well. Additionally, depending on the pay structure direct Parts price adjustments may effect many employee's pockets both upward and down.

GregW wrote:and quite frankly, on our high dollar items we do not use the dealer list price all of the time. when it gets over a certain amounts we generally use GM list.....

This is an ADP setup and would be very easy to setup pricing to be at or even below MSRP at a certain dollar value.
FixedManager

Postby johson » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:28 pm

can see how this works on each part after the quantity. But I can't figure out at what prompt to be at so I can change the total invoice. We are on websuite 2007s
johson

Postby johson » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:29 pm

can see how this works on each part after the quantity. But I can't figure out at what prompt to be at so I can change the total invoice. We are on websuite 2007s
johson

Previous

Return to ADP Users Forum