ADP MANUAL SOR??

ADP MANUAL SOR??

Postby partsman662002 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:23 pm

At my dealership we sometimes use manual SORs to order parts, for one reason or another. When the part comes in, we close the SOR. This makes it difficult to search for SORs electronicaly, after they SOR is closed. Is there a way that I don't know about to search for the SOR after it is closed that I don't know about? I have a couple of manual SORs in front of me right now, and there is one from yesterday that is closed, which I can find under "sor search". There are others that will not come up under the same search function.
We had a situation where the customer called the parts department asking about their special order part. The counterman could not find a printed copy of the SOR, typed in the customer information, and nothing came up. As it turns out, the service advisor had the printed copy and it was a manual order, which was closed.
I am trying to find a better way to do this, other than NOT using manual SORs anymore. I would prefer that all SORs get attatched to an RO or invoice, but we don't always do it this way.
Any suggestions?
partsman662002

Re: ADP MANUAL SOR??

Postby FixedManager » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:00 pm

As far as I know there's no way to find a closed special order. It's kind of hard to find something that's not there. It's because of this we never do manual special orders in my store. The only one who can authorize or open one is me as parts manager or my assistant.
FixedManager

Postby partsman662002 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 pm

I'd rather never use them at all, but we do in some situations. I was just hoping there was some way to find history on it that I didn't know about.
partsman662002

Postby prtsmgr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Have you tried SPI?

You should be able to search closed SOR's for a specified number of days. use SFR to set up the retention time.
prtsmgr

Postby partsman662002 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:28 pm

I just tried your suggestion prtsmgr, and it seems to be exactly what I am looking for! It was set for 1 day, I changed it to 60.
I made a manual SOR as a test, then closed it and I can it comes up when I use SOR search! Thank you very much!
I used to use SPI, but when we changed to ADP Drive, it stopped working. There was a person here one day and I mentioned that, and all they did was suggest that we use SOR search instead. They never did fix it.
Thank you again.
partsman662002

Postby jdpetey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 am

Just curious, why do you feel the need to close the manual SOR if the part hasn't been picked up?

It's not hurting anything if it remains open until the part is picked up. The manual SOR only needs to be closed when the request is filled. If it never gets filled, you still retain the request information, which could have notes as to who requested the unused part, and who should be charged the return penalty. If the sale of the part(s) gets nixed, that's when we close the request and either return the parts with a penalty, or put them in stock until a monthly return is input. BUT, if the request is not rolled to an invoice, which can only happen if the SOR information has been input with the proper information, the request has to be manually closed. Manual requests can be rolled to repair orders if the customer number AND the VIN are input within the SOR. This alleviates the need to manually close manual requests for shop customers. Manual requests for wholesale accounts can be automatically rolled to invoices by inputting the customer no. at the first line of the NEXT INVOICE prompt. When doing so, any manual requests for PARTS CUSTOMERS ON FILE will populate and you can choose the request you want to roll.

The SPI function naturally won't pick up closed manual SOR's because when you've closed the request, the assumption is that the transaction is complete. Either the part has been billed out on an RO or Invoice, and retention of the request is no longer necessary.

As long as the sale of the part is still in process, leave it open.
If you set your retention for closed SOR's for 60 DAYS!, you'll just clutter up your Special Order file with unnecessary information. Do you ever run RAS?

Manual requests are harmless if you know the request information is valid, and the sale is somewhat ensured. And you can use your wholesale customer numbers at the time of input to facilitate the ability to roll directly to a NEW invoice without having to create an invoice at the time of request that may later need voided if they cancel after ordering.

Once a manual request is closed, the transaction should have been completed, otherwise what would be the need to retain the request information?

Hope that helps.
jdpetey

Postby farfinator » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:55 am

Folks,

You can ask ADP to add Special Orders to DSDA.
Then you can search DSDA Special Orders for any info on the SOR record..part number, name etc..

Its a lifesaving tool.

FYI

Farf
farfinator

Return to ADP Users Forum